Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Barclay ring

tag
Sbrooks1
Valued Contributor

Barclay ring

Had this card 6 months , only used it for a BT and will close once that’s paid due to AF. They did give me an auto CLI today of 1000. So 7500>8500. I was surprised since I don’t use the card. Not my highest limit but not my lowest! That would be Citi DC which has sat at 3300 for almost 2 years and always refusing CLI, don’t wanna let Citi go though.
Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Dave4fun
Regular Contributor

Re: Barclay ring

There is no annual fee for the Barclay Ring card. Keep the card. Barclays will auto CLI this card if you make BTs wiht it. They love for you to BT with this card. I rarely use mine much anymore, but last year they came out with easy spend offers that provided cash statement credits. Example spend $500 this month and Barclays will give you a $25 credit. So, it is good to keep around.

FICO 8 EQ: 841, TU: 842, EX: 842 Total Rev CL: $547,000 - CHASE/CITIBANK/DISCOVER/ USBANK/AMEX/COMENITY AMEX /BMO/NORDSTROM/MACYS/FNBO/ JCPENNY/TARGET/CHEVRON/1ST UNITED CU/PATELCO CU/SYNCHRONY/ VENMO VISA Sig/ DILLARDS AMEX/ PENFED PLAT REWARDS/PENFED PLOC/WELLS FARGO. AAoA 13 years
Message 2 of 7
Sbrooks1
Valued Contributor

I could swear mine had an annual fee, maybe I was wrong so i will def checkbin that !
Message 3 of 7
Sbrooks1
Valued Contributor

Sorry, my mistake, it’s the arrival plus card which indeed has a fee
Message 4 of 7
SouthJamaica
Mega Contributor

@Dave4fun wrote:

There is no annual fee for the Barclay Ring card. Keep the card. Barclays will auto CLI this card if you make BTs wiht it. They love for you to BT with this card. I rarely use mine much anymore, but last year they came out with easy spend offers that provided cash statement credits. Example spend $500 this month and Barclays will give you a $25 credit. So, it is good to keep around.

I did a lot of balance transfers with it. They closed my account.

Total revolving limits 741200 (620700 reporting) FICO 8: EQ 703 TU 704 EX 687

Message 5 of 7
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Ba da ba bump!Smiley Wink
Message 6 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

SouthJamaica what to say...? If anyone can figure the "how to's" so I am surprised? You were a strong promoter and advocate of this card CL of $20K (if I remember). Still have my older version but plan to send it to the deep six later this year. Don't want to worry about Barclays and I am down sizing my card herd ... got to big for me to use them all. Smiley Happy
Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.