cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Barclay's 31 Month Balance Transfer Card!

tag
BrokaToe
Established Contributor

Barclay's 31 Month Balance Transfer Card!

Just wondering if anyone had checked out this Balance Transfer card offered by Barclay

http://www.barclaycard.co.uk/personal/credit-cards/platinum-balance-transfer#tabbox0

I've not seen anything about it on the forums and not 100% sure it's even available to folks in the states.  I'm not looking for a balance transfer card or anything just ran across it while searching for something else.  Anyone know anything about this?  31 months at 0% is a long time for a BT Smiley Very Happy

border="0" align="left" width="450" height="90">
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
yudeology101
Senior Contributor

Re: Barclay's 31 Month Balance Transfer Card!

@BrokaToe wrote:

Just wondering if anyone had checked out this Balance Transfer card offered by Barclay

http://www.barclaycard.co.uk/personal/credit-cards/platinum-balance-transfer#tabbox0

I've not seen anything about it on the forums and not 100% sure it's even available to folks in the states.  I'm not looking for a balance transfer card or anything just ran across it while searching for something else.  Anyone know anything about this?  31 months at 0% is a long time for a BT Smiley Very Happy

It looks like it's offered in UK.

JPM Ritz Carlton $8k I UMP Club $8k I CSP $8k | Chase Hyatt $5k I AMEX Green NPSL I AMEX Delta $2k I Citi AA $2k | C1 QS $4.5k
BOA UNC-CH Alumni $6k I Hawaiian WEMC $3k I Arrival $6.5k I IT $1.5k | Merrill+ $2k | Lowes $12k | Apple $2k | +23more
Scores: EQ:671 (FICO 11) EX:686 (FICO N/C) TU:686 (FICO N/C) *8-5-14*
Overall UTIL: 14% *Gardening Since: 1/20/16*
------------------------------------------------------------
Need to stay out of trouble.... Go Heels!!! ... GC Watchlist ( #1 since 12-12-13)
Message 2 of 6
BrokaToe
Established Contributor

@yudeology101 wrote:

Yah I figured it was....Do we even have folks from other countries on the forum?  They have totally different scoring systems other places right?

border="0" align="left" width="450" height="90">
Message 3 of 6
daybreakgonesXe
Valued Contributor

@BrokaToe wrote:

@yudeology101 wrote:

Yah I figured it was....Do we even have folks from other countries on the forum?  They have totally different scoring systems other places right?

Credit can be insanely different, or surprisingly similar, in other countries, but I believe Canada is very similar and typically share some of the same credit bureaus and creditors (I know of at least one poster from Canada). Brief research shows the UK has EQ and EX, but i can't find much in detail about how their system actually works.

There's also a few prominent members who have had to go from their previous credit system in one country to the new one here in the States; some of them did come from the UK and can likely shed some insight!

Message 4 of 6
JoshuaHolySpirit
Frequent Contributor

@BrokaToe wrote:

@yudeology101 wrote:

UK does not have SSN....so I wonder they work by addresses / previous addresses and maybe solely on income to grant credit??

Capital One QS1, Capital One Journey, Williams-Sonoma Visa, Amex Travelocity, Chase Slate, Amex SPG, Amex Blue Sky, Bank of America Travel Rewards, JCPenney...and more ( Holy Spirit rocks-!! ) TU-Fico-777
Message 5 of 6
lg8302ch
Senior Contributor

I have cards from Germany the Amex blue and LH Miles & More from DKB but no clue on my Schufa score Smiley Sad  Whatever Switzerland has is not accessible to the consumer. I never heard of anything like credit scores. So clueless how lenders do...got approved for two cards during resident status in Switzerland and still have the cards. Real chip and pin GE Moneybank Smiley Happy

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.