cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Barclay's Apple Rewards Card

Highlighted
Valued Contributor

Re: Barclay's Apple Rewards Card

DW had an iPad on her Christmas list, so I called Barclay's to see if I could get a deferred interest offer.  I hadn't received any emails recently.  They offered 12 months for $500-999.

 

I get the impression if you call and ask they'll extend an offer, assuming the account is in good standing.  No need to wait for an email.

 

Also, don't forget you get 3% back on Apple purchases.  Redemption is in the form of gift cards, which is essentially store credit, but it's something.  I had $75 in gift cards from the last time which I was able to use towards this purchase, and I'm getting $25 now which I can use towards the next.

 

It might be worth keeping this card around after all.

 

Message 11 of 21
Highlighted
Frequent Contributor

Re: Barclay's Apple Rewards Card


@MrDisco99 wrote:

DW had an iPad on her Christmas list, so I called Barclay's to see if I could get a deferred interest offer.  I hadn't received any emails recently.  They offered 12 months for $500-999.

 

I get the impression if you call and ask they'll extend an offer, assuming the account is in good standing.  No need to wait for an email.

 

Also, don't forget you get 3% back on Apple purchases.  Redemption is in the form of gift cards, which is essentially store credit, but it's something.  I had $75 in gift cards from the last time which I was able to use towards this purchase, and I'm getting $25 now which I can use towards the next.

 

It might be worth keeping this card around after all.

 


You get 3% cash back on Apple Purchases with the GS Apple Card and they'll be offering special financing in the future. What exactly makes the Barclays Apple Card worth it? 

Message 12 of 21
Highlighted
Super Contributor

Re: Barclay's Apple Rewards Card


@VPExecutive wrote:

@MrDisco99 wrote:

DW had an iPad on her Christmas list, so I called Barclay's to see if I could get a deferred interest offer.  I hadn't received any emails recently.  They offered 12 months for $500-999.

 

I get the impression if you call and ask they'll extend an offer, assuming the account is in good standing.  No need to wait for an email.

 

Also, don't forget you get 3% back on Apple purchases.  Redemption is in the form of gift cards, which is essentially store credit, but it's something.  I had $75 in gift cards from the last time which I was able to use towards this purchase, and I'm getting $25 now which I can use towards the next.

 

It might be worth keeping this card around after all.

 


You get 3% cash back on Apple Purchases with the GS Apple Card and they'll be offering special financing in the future. What exactly makes the Barclays Apple Card worth it? 


As it stands right now, the Barclays card is still going to be the card for other Apple products. The only Apple Card financing that has been talked about so far is financing iPhones next month. It's anyone's guess if/when they will roll out additional financing offers. 




Message 13 of 21
Highlighted
Valued Member

Re: Barclay's Apple Rewards Card

I worked for Apple for a few years, and something I'd always tell the customers with Apple Barclays cards to do was call the number on the back and see if they could extend the no interest offer to them again. Never saw a customer get denied. I'd say the only real benefit to the card is when you want to make those big 0% APR Apple purchases. Otherwise, just keep it open and sock drawer it.

Ch7 BK Discharged -- 7/17

Starting (10/17/17) EQ: 645 TU:615 EX:624

Current (07/03/20) EQ: 673 TU: 675 EX: 689

Wallet: Capital One Quicksilver: $5500, Capital One Quicksilver: $3500, Captial One SavorOne: $1000, BJ's Perks: $2300, TD Cash: $500, Lowe's: $6000, MilitaryStar: $5500, Overstock: $5750, Kay Jewelers: $5000, PC Richard: $3500, Nordstrom: $850, Express: $1350, Target: $700

Total CL: $40,950
Message 14 of 21
Highlighted
Valued Contributor

Re: Barclay's Apple Rewards Card


@VPExecutive wrote:


You get 3% cash back on Apple Purchases with the GS Apple Card and they'll be offering special financing in the future. What exactly makes the Barclays Apple Card worth it? 


The Barclays card offers special financing now.

Message 15 of 21
Highlighted
Frequent Contributor

Re: Barclay's Apple Rewards Card


@MrDisco99 wrote:

@VPExecutive wrote:


You get 3% cash back on Apple Purchases with the GS Apple Card and they'll be offering special financing in the future. What exactly makes the Barclays Apple Card worth it? 


The Barclays card offers special financing now.


You can get a lot of cards if you want 0% financing... A great example is the DiscoverIt Miles... 3% back the first year and 12+ months of 0% financing without having to deal with Barclays. The Barclays Apple Card in it's current state is useless. 

Message 16 of 21
Highlighted
New Contributor

Re: Barclay's Apple Rewards Card

So to bring up an old thread with a different question ....

 

I did get the new 16 inch Macbook and Barclays gave me 24 months of 0% and enough points to get $75 credit on iTunes.

 

Here's my question.  I traded in my old MacBook through Apple's recycling "partner" and received a credit back of about $1000 on my Barclays card.  I know not a lot of people have this card, but does Barclays typically claw back points when there are returns on their cards?  I know in the terms they say they will, but do they? 

 

I ask because they have not yet and it has been almost 60 days.

$11,500 FNBO Prime Visa, $10,600 Quicksilver One, $6000 US Bank Kroger, $3300 Barclay Apple Visa, $5000 Chase United Explorer, $4600 Discover, $2900 Wells Fargo 1% Cash Back, $2000 Chase Unlimited, Amex Gold with $30,000 POT, $3500 PayPal Credit, Walmart $1500, Citi CostCo $8500, Citi AAdvantage $2900, Delta Amex Gold $3000, WF PLOC $7500, Everyday Preferred $10,000, Amazon Prime Store Card $1200.
Message 17 of 21
Highlighted
Frequent Contributor

Re: Barclay's Apple Rewards Card


@redheadtempe36 wrote:

So to bring up an old thread with a different question ....

 

I did get the new 16 inch Macbook and Barclays gave me 24 months of 0% and enough points to get $75 credit on iTunes.

 

Here's my question.  I traded in my old MacBook through Apple's recycling "partner" and received a credit back of about $1000 on my Barclays card.  I know not a lot of people have this card, but does Barclays typically claw back points when there are returns on their cards?  I know in the terms they say they will, but do they? 

 

I ask because they have not yet and it has been almost 60 days.


Did you trade in store or online? 

Message 18 of 21
Highlighted
Valued Contributor

Re: Barclay's Apple Rewards Card


@VPExecutive wrote:

@MrDisco99 wrote:

@VPExecutive wrote:


You get 3% cash back on Apple Purchases with the GS Apple Card and they'll be offering special financing in the future. What exactly makes the Barclays Apple Card worth it? 


The Barclays card offers special financing now.


You can get a lot of cards if you want 0% financing... A great example is the DiscoverIt Miles... 3% back the first year and 12+ months of 0% financing without having to deal with Barclays. The Barclays Apple Card in it's current state is useless. 


But I already have the Barclays card.  And they offered 24 months.  And their 3% doesn't expire.

 

Why would I app for a new card to get benefits I already have?

 

Message 19 of 21
Highlighted
Valued Contributor

Re: Barclay's Apple Rewards Card


@redheadtempe36 wrote:

So to bring up an old thread with a different question ....

 

I did get the new 16 inch Macbook and Barclays gave me 24 months of 0% and enough points to get $75 credit on iTunes.

 

Here's my question.  I traded in my old MacBook through Apple's recycling "partner" and received a credit back of about $1000 on my Barclays card.  I know not a lot of people have this card, but does Barclays typically claw back points when there are returns on their cards?  I know in the terms they say they will, but do they? 

 

I ask because they have not yet and it has been almost 60 days.


I returned part of my latest purchase on the Barclays card (didn't need an extra cover) and they clawed back the points.  This was after they sent me a gift card clearing out my points balance.  I now have a negative points balance as a result.

 

 

Message 20 of 21
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.