Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Barclay's Apple or iTunes

tag
bichonmom
Senior Contributor

Barclay's Apple or iTunes

Does anyone have an idea which is easier to qualify for, and/or get a higher CL?

It looks like the only diff between the two is that you get points w/the iTunes card, that you can redeem for iTunes purchases. Whereas with the Apple card, there are no rewards. But does that mean it's easier to get approved?

Are there any other advantages of one card over the other?

Thanks! Smiley Happy

ETA: Also wondering if it matters if you app online or in the store, in terms of likelihood of approval. Boy, it will sure be good when my credit and score are at the point where I don't need to worry about all this stuff! Smiley Happy

EQ FICO 750 | TU FICO 761 (Walmart) | EX FAKO 767 | Goal: 800+

Edits, funky spacing and spelling due to my iPad not getting along with the forum editor!

Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
boomhower
Valued Contributor

Re: Barclay's Apple or iTunes

The regular Apple card is easier to get by a pretty good margin. It also carries special financing for Apple purchases. (0% for up to a year for your first if memory serves) the rewards on the iTunes card is mediocre at best, skip it for something better.
Message 2 of 10
CS800
Super Contributor

The Apple Financing one is good if you're thinking of getting an apple product. Not sure itf it's easier to get.

The difficulty to get a card is proportional to its level of reward that the card offers; that has been my assumption Smiley Happy

Message 3 of 10
casmith1980
Established Contributor

If you're buying an iPad, definitely apply for the Apple financing card. 

I did that but also plan on seeing if I can PC to the iTunes card once my iPad is paid off (and there's nothing else I want from Apple at the moment lol)

Filed BK 12/5/14
341 meeting 1/9/15
Anticipated discharge 3/10/15

Goal: 700 by 3/2017
Message 4 of 10
RockinRay
Valued Contributor

I have both of these cards. Not overly excited about them. Thed finance card does come in handy when you want a new Apple device. The iTunes Visa - nothing too great.

Ray

Ray

** Every Card has a Job, and Every Card does its Job **
Message 5 of 10
bichonmom
Senior Contributor

Thanks, everyone! I think I'll stick w/Apple just to be on the safe side. (Hopefully I'll get approved!) Smiley Happy

Edits, funky spacing and spelling due to my iPad not getting along with the forum editor!

Message 6 of 10
CS800
Super Contributor

Let me be the first one to congratulate you on you approval of the Apple card (im anticipating you will do it today lol). Looking at your siggy I dont think you would have any problems getting this card.

Message 7 of 10
RockinRay
Valued Contributor

If you do not get the line you are happy with, I would suggest a call to the BD number. In my case, they started me with $2800. I called them and explained that I wanted a Mac Pro and it would run me about $4700 configured the way I wanted it. Immediate increase to $5000. So, it does work.

They are super nice to deal with too.

Good luck and let us know the outcome! Smiley Wink

Ray

Ray

Message 8 of 10
bichonmom
Senior Contributor

Thanks! I just got notice that my new Walmart card is showing up already, but hasn't changed my score. Not sure of my TU FICO since I didn't keep the quarterly FICO service. My EQ FICO has dropped a few points because I let statements report w/balance, so I'm assuming the same w/TU FICO. (I hadn't been planning on apping! Smiley Happy)

Just counted and I have 7 inquiries on TU and EX, only 4 on EQ. Barclay's pulls TU, right?

Does it make a difference if you app online or in the store?

Now I just need to muster up the courage to pull the trigger! Smiley Happy

Message 9 of 10
RockinRay
Valued Contributor

I did all of my apping online. Smiley Wink

If you choose to apply at the store, they have you go online to the same app site - no difference.

My fingers are crossed for you! I think I had 8 INQ's on TU when I pulled the trigger. Hense the lowe line to start with.

Ray

Ray

Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.