Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Barclay's Fraud Alert

tag
Necromancer
Regular Contributor

Barclay's Fraud Alert

While at lunch @ work I was checking my phone and saw that someone had left a message; I also noticed an e-mail and text message from Barclay's Fraud Dept.  Checked the phone message and it to was from Barclay's.  I called the number entered the required information and a very nice CSR asked if I had been in Alexandria Virginia today at a Target Store and made 2 charges for 106.00 and a charge for 58.60. I told them no and it would be a little difficult for me to do that since I'm in the southern part of North Carolina @ work.  The reviewed some of my other charges and stated that they were sorry that my account had been compromised and that the fraudulent charges would be removed and a new card would be sent out over night via Fed X at no cost.

I know a lot of people complain about Barclay's at times, but I'm really impressed with the way they have handled this situation so far.

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
FocusedAndDetermined
Senior Contributor

Re: Barclay's Fraud Alert

Glad they were able to catch it in time.  That's the way a fraud department is supposed to respond.

I've only had my Barclaycard a short time, but I'm satisfied with the relationship thus far.

Message 2 of 8
Necromancer
Regular Contributor

I've been happy with their service so far.  But you never know how a company will react when it comes to fraud etc. I'm glad it worked out. I really don't want to see how each cc company handles these issues tho. LOL

Message 3 of 8
lhcole77
Valued Contributor

Thanks for posting this OP! Sorry this happened to you.

I am a very happy member of the Barclay's family. Good to read posts like this.

Message 4 of 8
TiggerDat
Valued Contributor

Yeah, it is good when they do things like that.  I had a similar experience like that last week with PayPal/GE.  My card was used in Canada at a gas station and then my sister tried to use it at Taget or something in Florida.  They called right away and asked if I had bought gas in Canada.  Yours was better as they FedEx'd you the card.  I am still waiting on mine!

Much as I didn't ever want to have such a phone call, I was happy to have gotten it.

It is by will alone I set my mind in motion.....
Always follow these rules: Only take a HP for a new account. Always use the best rewards card for that reward category. Don't close a card unless you know you really should. Never use more than 35% of a credit limit. Recon as much and as best you can. Use the introductory period to the best advantage. Get the signup bonus. Whenever possible PIF or balance transfer so you pay less in interest. Never give an excellent rating when it is actually the norm. Always look for a discount as more is always better.
Always accept candy from strangers because they have the best candy or from people you know have good candy.
Message 5 of 8
compassion101
Established Contributor

Similar thing happened to me on my gfs AU card. I told them we didn't make the charge and I never heard about it again. They sent her a new card.

Message 6 of 8
coldnmn
Mega Contributor

Thanks for sharing! Good to know they have our back!

Discover IT $17k / US Bank Ace (VSig) $13.5K / US Bank Cash+ (VSig) $13.5k
Sam's Mastercard $15k / Walmart Mastercard $10k / Blispay $7.5k PayPal Ex MC $10.8k
CareCredit 5k / Husq $5k / Cap1 QS $4.5k / Barclay Ring $5.35k / Citi DC (WMC) $12k
Gardening Date 7/01/16 / MyFico 08: EQ 801 / TU 777 / EX 771 / 06/08/17
Message 7 of 8
Platinum
Frequent Contributor

What Barclay or any other CC issuer is doing is they are protecting their assets, not yours (ours). It's their money that could end up in the pockets of the thieves. Nothing to be impressed about. In my opinion.    Smiley Happy

Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.