Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Barclay score updates

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Barclay score updates

So I opened a Barclay account about 2 months ago, I have had one statement post and the second should be soon. In that time they have provided at least 4 score updates. Is this typical, or just because it is a new account? So far the biggest change has been 4 points, so I am a little surprised they are updating so frequently. As much as I like seeing updates I don't mind, just curious if this is normal for them.

Message 1 of 23
22 REPLIES 22
Strogen
Frequent Contributor

Re: Barclay score updates

@Anonymous wrote:

So I opened a Barclay account about 2 months ago, I have had one statement post and the second should be soon. In that time they have provided at least 4 score updates. Is this typical, or just because it is a new account? So far the biggest change has been 4 points, so I am a little surprised they are updating so frequently. As much as I like seeing updates I don't mind, just curious if this is normal for them.

They only update like once every two months for me. Consider yourself lucky. 

807 TU FICO Score 8.
Message 2 of 23
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

Just means they are watching you and softing you more since you are probably new to them or opening other lines of credit and getting alerted from the CRA's so they will pull you to see what is going on... Most people it is every 2 months, other people such as your self alot more depending on what you are up to..  Just keep your nose cleana and you are good.

Message 3 of 23
Anonymous
Not applicable

@CreditCuriousity wrote:

Just means they are watching you and softing you more since you are probably new to them or opening other lines of credit and getting alerted from the CRA's so they will pull you to see what is going on... Most people it is every 2 months, other people such as your self alot more depending on what you are up to..  Just keep your nose cleana and you are good.

This is possible, I opened a few new accounts and CC's near the same time. Although Barclay's was one of the last accounts I added so the others were already on my report. I am not worried about it, just surprised they provided so many updates. I guess with time this should settle down. I have read that they are very sensitive to inq's and new accounts.

Message 4 of 23
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Strogen wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

+1 Every two months for me.

Message 5 of 23
thelethargicage
Valued Contributor

@Spider15 wrote:

@Strogen wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

+1 Every two months for me.

+2

They're supposed to update it today, but they haven't yet for some reason.

Message 6 of 23
baller4life
Super Contributor

The least updates you get the better! It means they're not really keeping a close eye on you. Smiley Wink
Message 7 of 23
Anonymous
Not applicable

@baller4life wrote:
The least updates you get the better! It means they're not really keeping a close eye on you. Smiley Wink

So Barclay TU updates are only when they decide to SP your reports as opposed to Discovers updates which happen with each statement close? In that case I now understand the inconsistency.

Message 8 of 23
baller4life
Super Contributor

Bingo. They sp when CRA alerts them to activity. If you catch my drift. Get out my business Sir Barclays! Smiley Very Happy
Message 9 of 23
Themanwhocan
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

About every 9-10  weeks is typical once your scores are relatively good and stable.

Mine just updated today. About 9 weeks this time.

TU-8: 804 EX-8: 805 EQ-8: 788 EX-98: 767 EQ-04: 752    
TU-9 Bankcard: 837 EQ-9: 823 EX-9 Bankcard: 837
Total $443,800
Message 10 of 23
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.