cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Barclaycard AAdvantage Aviator Red World Elite MasterCard Bonus Increased To 60,000 Miles.

tag
K-in-Boston
Credit Mentor

Re: Barclaycard AAdvantage Aviator Red World Elite MasterCard Bonus Increased To 60,000 Miles.

@Anonymous wrote:

@K-in-Boston wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

For those that fly AA or their partners, this is a deal to good to pass up.

I hate to be that guy, but it's Barclaycard so I'm going to pass.  For the reasonable annual fee, it is seriously a great bargain for anyone taking a family on even a single flight once a year.  Other than double the signup bonus (which is a great incentive), the card is essentially identical to the Citi AAdvantage Platinum Select card, right?  I'm trying to begin considerations for airline cards (wife will apply while I am in the garden) and I'm leaning Delta or American, but Barclaycard has already spoiled their relationship with my wife at the 1 year mark and I can foresee any relationship I might have with them being disastrous in the near-term.

Understandable.  It is pretty much the same as the Citi AA cards but what is unique to this card and Barclays has done this before with the old USAir cards, is that other than making one purchase and paying the AF, there is no spend requirement like the typical $3K spend in 3 months.  The 60K miles matches what Citi offered for their personal cards in the very recent past.

Thank you for that reply; I feel better knowing that taking it out of the running isn't going to make me really regret doing so.  I can see how the lack of spend requirement is a good advantage over the Citi card; unfortunately, I have no problems meeting spend.  Please carry on, Barclaycard people.

Message 11 of 33
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Barclaycard AAdvantage Aviator Red World Elite MasterCard Bonus Increased To 60,000 Miles.

I got this card a couple of weeks ago. Will Barclay match the 60k bonus?

Message 12 of 33
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

I got this card a couple of weeks ago. Will Barclay match the 60k bonus?

Generally not but still worth a try

Message 13 of 33
Anonymous
Not applicable

I've had barclay cut my credit line before but it hasn't stopped me from getting approved for a new barclaycard in the future. I just make sure my TU is INQ free or close to it for 6mo with as few new accounts as possible.

After I get the bonus I'm not too concerned if they slash the limit. I wouldn't run my regular spend for a non-bonus on any of their cards.
Message 14 of 33
Anonymous
Not applicable

I got accepted for this card a couple of weeks ago when it was still at 50k I just sent a secure message seeing if they will honor the 60k.  Once I get an answer i'll let everyone know.

Message 15 of 33
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

I got accepted for this card a couple of weeks ago when it was still at 50k I just sent a secure message seeing if they will honor the 60k.  Once I get an answer i'll let everyone know.

Thanks.

Message 16 of 33
wasCB14
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Thanks.

I've heard of "bonus change" denials but can't recall any approvals. Try it...but keep your expectations low.

Personal spend: Amex Gold, Amex Schwab Plat., BofA PR+CCR(x2), Costco
Business use: Amex Bus. Plat., BBP, Lowes Amex AU, CFU AU
Perks: Delta Plat., United Explorer, IHG49, Hyatt, "Old SPG"
Mostly SD: Freedom Flex, Freedom, Arrival
Upgrade/Downgrade games: ED, BCE
SUB chasing: AA Platinum Select
Message 17 of 33
morgacj2004
Valued Contributor

Question I applied a week ago at 50k bonus and was approved. Any chance of calling them to get addl 10 k miles. Have not yet got my card.

AX Hilton Aspire 20k, AX Bonvoy Brilliant 15k, AX BCP 2k, AX Blue Bus Cash 15k, AX Delta Air Platinum 49k, (AU) AX Delta Gold 15k, AX Amazon Prime Bus 25k, BC Uber 29k, AKUSA FCU -10k , CITI AAdvantage Exec World Elite MC 16.5k, Discover (2) 16k, Kohls-4k, VS Comenity $3k, BofA AK Air Siggy 9.8k, WF Propel AX 5k, JCP $10k PFCU Plat Rewards Siggy 39.5k, PFCU Power Cash Rewards AX 10.5k, NFCU Flagship 50k, CLOC 15k, CITI Costco 9.5k, GAP VISA Synchrony $9k,Target MC 9k, Ulta MC Comenity 9k, Pay Pal 1k, CO Venture One 23k, US Bank Radisson Rewards Signature 10k, US Bank Fred Meyers World MC, 11k, US Bank Plat VISA 15.7k, VS Comenity 2k, 240k total available credit. Utiliz-2%, Current FICO EQ-724, EX 763,TU 802 ,Chapt 7 BK D/C 11-2012. Starting scores 520-550
Message 18 of 33
Anonymous
Not applicable

@morgacj2004 wrote:
Question I applied a week ago at 50k bonus and was approved. Any chance of calling them to get addl 10 k miles. Have not yet got my card.

Read the 3 or 4 post before yours.

Message 19 of 33
Scupra
Super Contributor

@morgacj2004 wrote:

Looks like a poster above you has already asked the question and is waiting on a response from Barclay Smiley Happy

edit: Irish with the quickness!!!

Filed BK7: 7/2012 (start score EQ 560 / TU 529) Discharge 10/2012
801 EQ FICO 06/2022
797 TU FICO 04/2022
793 EX FICO 04/2022
$30k NFCU Platinum | $30.7k NFCU cashRewards Sig | $15k NavChek | $7.1k Cap1 Quicksilver | $10k Amazon Store | $19k Cap1 VentureOne | $16k Barclay Aviator | $5k Chase Freedom | $5k Chase Sapphire Preferred | $9k Costco Visa | $20k AMEX BCE | AMEX Gold | NFCU Platinum #2 $19.3k | Apple $8.5k
Message 20 of 33
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.