cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Barclaycard AAdvantage Aviator Red World Elite MasterCard Bonus Increased To 60,000 Miles.

tag
morgacj2004
Valued Contributor

Re: Barclaycard AAdvantage Aviator Red World Elite MasterCard Bonus Increased To 60,000 Miles.

Sorry I was writing my post at the same time he was.

AX Hilton Aspire 20k, AX Bonvoy Brilliant 15k, AX BCP 2k, AX Blue Bus Cash 15k, AX Delta Air Platinum 49k, (AU) AX Delta Gold 15k, AX Amazon Prime Bus 25k, BC Uber 29k, AKUSA FCU -10k , CITI AAdvantage Exec World Elite MC 16.5k, Discover (2) 16k, Kohls-4k, VS Comenity $3k, BofA AK Air Siggy 9.8k, WF Propel AX 5k, JCP $10k PFCU Plat Rewards Siggy 39.5k, PFCU Power Cash Rewards AX 10.5k, NFCU Flagship 50k, CLOC 15k, CITI Costco 9.5k, GAP VISA Synchrony $9k,Target MC 9k, Ulta MC Comenity 9k, Pay Pal 1k, CO Venture One 23k, US Bank Radisson Rewards Signature 10k, US Bank Fred Meyers World MC, 11k, US Bank Plat VISA 15.7k, VS Comenity 2k, 240k total available credit. Utiliz-2%, Current FICO EQ-724, EX 763,TU 802 ,Chapt 7 BK D/C 11-2012. Starting scores 520-550
Message 21 of 33
Bone35
Regular Contributor

Re: Barclaycard AAdvantage Aviator Red World Elite MasterCard Bonus Increased To 60,000 Miles.

I got this card towards the start of the year when it had a 40k bonus and had ZERO issues getting them to match the 50k offer that came out shortly after.

Quick call to CS and miles were added a couple days later, even before my 40k posted. If I recall correctly the CS agent said as long as its within 30 days you're good.

Hope this helps 

Message 22 of 33
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

For those that fly AA or their partners, this is a deal to good to pass up.  Wish I had cancelled my Aviator Silver so that I could apply for this one.

I know... I want the 60K, but I already have the Aviator Silver. I don't think Barclays will let you have two Aviator cards !

Message 23 of 33
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

For those that fly AA or their partners, this is a deal to good to pass up.  Wish I had cancelled my Aviator Silver so that I could apply for this one.

I know... I want the 60K, but I already have the Aviator Silver. I don't think Barclays will let you have two Aviator cards !

I have same issue

Message 24 of 33
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

Data point.. Was approved for the aviator a few months ago while it was at 40k then a few days later was raised to 50k.. Sent an in message mail to them and they honored the extra 10k miles.  They said they would research and get back to me after I paid the AF when posted the 10k miles showed then shortly after the other 40k miles.  So certainly if you got the AA card recently at 50k send them a message and ask them to match the new offer as they do at least in my case.

Message 25 of 33
Anonymous
Not applicable

@CreditCuriousity wrote:

Data point.. Was approved for the aviator a few months ago while it was at 40k then a few days later was raised to 50k.. Sent an in message mail to them and they honored the extra 10k miles.  They said they would research and get back to me after I paid the AF when posted the 10k miles showed then shortly after the other 40k miles.  So certainly if you got the AA card recently at 50k send them a message and ask them to match the new offer as they do at least in my case.

Lucky you got the full 50K... but 60K with no spending requirements is a plus for several members here.

Message 26 of 33
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:

@CreditCuriousity wrote:

Lucky you got the full 50K... but 60K with no spending requirements is a plus for several members here.

oh i agree, that is why I said they need to send them a message!  I wonder if I could double dip and try to get them to honor 60k from the 40 to 50k one lol..  Not going to even try Smiley Happy.. Card has seen about 70 in spend total since I have had just got it for the bonus.

Message 27 of 33
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

I got this card a couple of weeks ago. Will Barclay match the 60k bonus?

To answer my own question.  Contacted Barclay via online chat and they said they would match.  And the 10,000 points has shown up on my account. 

Message 28 of 33
happypill
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

While the AA program has been devalued, if you're patient and plan ahead, there are still deals to be had.  My Aviator Silver gets 3X AA miles but of course with a higher AF.

Yeah I have to run some numbers.  I fly.  A LOT.  All personal travel but I probably take 60 flights a year on average -- always to and from AA hub cities.  The thing is, I usually compare my flights (Spirit/Frontier) with AA/United prices and the $120-$150 difference in airfare alone mean AA isn't valuable enough to me.  I never, ever have a carry-on or checked bag, I can fit 9 days of clothes in my free "personal item" with vacuum bags.

But I do plan on doing more international and island flights in 2018 and on, so I have to really analyze ticket prices, award redemption and the opportunity to use a carry-on or checked bag on some flights.  I think AA might become a valuable provider for me IF the award redemption works out.

The biggest benefit I think is the 500 mile upgrade, and the option to buy-up to business class on international flights.  But it's been 10 years since I regularly flew AA so I have totally lost any sense of what works.  I definitely need to park myself on travel reward blogs and analyze things.

I would have zero issue paying $150 more per roundtrip if it meant I could save $151 aggregate later on upgrades and free flights, etc.  That $1 is still $1 more in my pocket.  Since I am changing my hubs significantly in 2018+, I need to do the homework.

That Aviator Silver might be better for me -- 3X versus 2X should offet the annual fee if I am flying 250,000-300,000 miles a year.  Right now I only fly 150,000 miles a year so I think it wouldn't overcome the difference between 3X/2X but doubling my miles (and overall spend) may get me there.

You fly 60 times a year on Spirit/Frontier?  Ouch.  People who fly as frequently as you do can generally get great value from the major airline reward programs (you're their target audience and they will treat you like royalty).  You could make lifetime million miles in 3-4 years.  Definitely agree that you should check out some of the blogs for the best strategy.

Getting back to this card, 60k miles with no initial spend is really nice.  Even if you can meet the spend easily, you could just direct that spend and get a sign-on bonus with another card while still getting these 60k miles.

Message 29 of 33
Anonymous
Not applicable

I was approved for the 60k in fact I got the 10k first then the 50k

Message 30 of 33
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.