Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Barclaycard (Apple Financing)

tag
Blackbeauty212
Frequent Contributor

Re: Barclaycard (Apple Financing)

I actually think BML works best for Apple than any Card. 

6 months No Interest, No Payment... and BML is a hidden CL so it doesn't report to effect Util. 

Message 11 of 22
john398
Senior Contributor

@Blackbeauty212 wrote:

6 months No Interest, No Payment... and BML is a hidden CL so it doesn't report to effect Util. 

but they won't take it in the store

Message 12 of 22
Blackbeauty212
Frequent Contributor

@john398 wrote:

@Blackbeauty212 wrote:

oh I thought the OP was shopping Online - and the for the Advantages of BML, I would just purchase online rather than in-store...... 

Message 13 of 22
john398
Senior Contributor

@Blackbeauty212 wrote:

@john398 wrote:

@Blackbeauty212 wrote:

oh I thought the OP was shopping Online - and the for the Advantages of BML, I would just purchase online rather than in-store...... 

oh not sure about OP, I like my stuff now though LOL and not wait for them to deliver and leave at my door or have to go pick up at the carrier or deliver to my work

Message 14 of 22
imhere

My daughters needed phones and wanted iphones so I googled "how hard is it to get financing for apple" which brought me to post from "My fico" which ironically i am a recent member of! At any rate the info I was given about the recon number proved invaluable!!! I applied online nd was denied but after calling the recon number was given a credit line of1500.00!!! Enough to buy both girls a phone for Christmas!!! I was helped by this forum so I would like to give back.... Barclays recon looks over your credit report and considers many factors such as your income, payment history and recent responsible credit behavior . I have some baddies about to fall off and they saw those and weighed them in comparison to my last two years of credit rebuilding.In my opinion this is a great card to help in that regard! I am very grateful for all those posts I read (from years ago btw) which gave me the courage to apply and get yet another hard credit inquiry(HAVE 3) Btw my scores have jumped ..(after Barclays reporting) but I"m concerned about the time when they actually report my credit utilization to the bureaus!!! Any help on this would be greatly appreciated!!!! Do they take into account that this is a 18 month o% financing deal or do they treat this as a regular card(which i know it is apart from my deal with apple) and my high credit utilization to limit ratio will hurt me???

Message 15 of 22
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

Welcome to the forum. To answer your question about 0% taken into consideration....the answer is no. The high util will ding your score. The best thing to do is pay it off or down as soon as possible. Barclays is pretty good a CLI's around 6 mos -that might help.

Under a manual review you can explain the high util and they may take it into consideration.
Message 16 of 22
imhere

dear Lexie , Thank you for your quick reply!  Sadly i suspected as much ...can you please let me know what a "manual review " is?

Message 17 of 22
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

Sure, basically manual review is a recon. An analyst may take the high util because its a 0% promo into consideration.
Message 18 of 22
imhere

dear lexie ... do you mean a recon by Barclays ???? or by the credit bureaus?????????? I plan to pay down the amount as fast as i can but I'm worried about the ding to my up and coming credit scores.

Message 19 of 22
masscredit
Valued Contributor

Is Barclay's considered a prime or "in between" card company?  I usually think of them as being close to a prime card. Not a top tear (100%) but more like a 75% card if that makes sense Smiley Happy  I think their downside is most of their cards that I see listed have high APRs. 

Pre-Credit Rebuild Scores Pre-DC (3/24/22) - EQ - 524 / TU - 519 / EX - 495

Current Scores - EQ - 687 / TU - 663/ EX - 677

TD Bank - $5000 / Mercury - $5000 / Capital One Savor One- $5000 / SDFCU Secured - $4990 / Capital One QuickSiver - $4500 / Ally Master Card - $2800/ Walmart Mastercard - $2250

Andrews FCU SSL $1500
Message 20 of 22
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.