Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Barclaycard Arrival Approval!

tag
SnackTrader
Valued Contributor

Barclaycard Arrival Approval!

For those who have followed my indecision, I finally applied for this card tonight and was instantly approved for the World MasterCard version with a limit of $7,500.

I'm pretty impressed with how smooth the process has been so far - I already have access to my online account (which is how I figured out my limit) and it appears that Barclays already assigned an account number to me. Very cool!

I will update this thread with more information when I find out which report they pulled. But for now, what I know is that my overall utilization is 2%, with balances only reporting on two cards. No new accounts since December. AAoA of over 4 years on all three reports.

In My Wallet: Amex BCP (12/12) $50,000, Chase Freedom (12/12) $16,500, Cap1 Quicksilver (6/12) $14,000, Barclaycard Rewards (5/13) $10,500, Citi Prestige (4/16) $30,000

Last App: June 27, 2015
Message 1 of 29
28 REPLIES 28
myjourney
Super Contributor

Re: Barclaycard Arrival Approval!

@SnackTrader wrote:
For those who have followed my indecision, I finally applied for this card tonight and was instantly approved for the World MasterCard version with a limit of $7,500.

I'm pretty impressed with how smooth the process has been so far - I already have access to my online account (which is how I figured out my limit) and it appears that Barclays already assigned an account number to me. Very cool!

I will update this thread with more information when I find out which report they pulled. But for now, what I know is that my overall utilization is 2%, with balances only reporting on two cards. No new accounts since December. AAoA of over 4 years on all three reports.

Congrats you wanted that card so makes it just that more special

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 2 of 29
jzon450

Great to hear!  Was there a reason you opted for Arrival over Sapphire?

Message 3 of 29
FocusedAndDetermined
Senior Contributor

Congrats!  Glad it went so smoothly.

Message 4 of 29
bluedog1
Regular Contributor

Congrats, great card and great CL! Did you apply for the one with or without AF?

Message 5 of 29
enharu
Super Contributor

grats! knew you would be approved Smiley Tongue

JPMorgan Palladium (100k), AmEx Platinum (NPSL), AmEx SPG (46k), AmEx BCP (42k), Chase Sapphire Preferred (47k), Citi Prestige (31k), Citi Thank You Preferred (27k), Citi Executive AAdvantage (25k), JPMorgan Ritz-Carlton (21k), Merrill+ (15k), US Bank Cash+ (22.5k), Wells Fargo (12k), Bloomingdale’s (12.4k), Chase Freedom (5k), Discover IT (5k).
Message 6 of 29
SnackTrader
Valued Contributor

On my iPad, so there's no quote function.

@jzon450
The Arrival has a $400 signup bonus, which will come in huge later this year for vacation. It gains 2% on all purchases, which is a 0.5% improvement over my CapitalOne for the majority of my spending. That should gain me about $90 per year over the CapOne card with my spending. It also has the AF waived the first year. Basically, I don't plan to keep it with the AF because my spending doesn't cover the AF. And most importantly, the CSP doesn't really give me much because I get 5% on restaurants with my Forward and 1% on everything else with all my other cards.

Here's a more coherent discussion of why I wanted this card, and why I was indecisive:
http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Credit-Cards/New-Barclaycard-Arrival-Strategy/m-p/2138023#M595862

In My Wallet: Amex BCP (12/12) $50,000, Chase Freedom (12/12) $16,500, Cap1 Quicksilver (6/12) $14,000, Barclaycard Rewards (5/13) $10,500, Citi Prestige (4/16) $30,000

Message 7 of 29
SpecFile
Valued Contributor

Awesome!!! Congrats.
Message 8 of 29
SnackTrader
Valued Contributor

I applied for the card with the AF, which is then waived for the first year.

Thanks for all the support, folks!

Message 9 of 29
improvingmycredit
Valued Contributor

@SnackTrader!
Congrats! Excellent card! With your instant approval- you should call the Barclays BackDoor # and get your CL upped to 10K. JMO. I think you all get it. Smiley Happy

Starting Score: 642
Current Score: EQ 773, EX 780, TU 777 (All FICO)
Goal Score: 800+

Cards: NFCU Flagship 50K, DC 30K, BCP 28.6K, Arrival+ 25K, Citi DP 22.8K, CSR 20.5K, TotalRewards 25K, QuickSilver 20K

Message 10 of 29
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.