Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Barclaycard Arrival EMV

tag
enharu
Super Contributor

Re: Barclaycard Arrival EMV

@lhcole77 wrote:

Enharu: any word yet on whether Barclays is allowing PC on Arrival from AF to No AF card?

i haven't asked them yet.

probably will do so in march

JPMorgan Palladium (100k), AmEx Platinum (NPSL), AmEx SPG (46k), AmEx BCP (42k), Chase Sapphire Preferred (47k), Citi Prestige (31k), Citi Thank You Preferred (27k), Citi Executive AAdvantage (25k), JPMorgan Ritz-Carlton (21k), Merrill+ (15k), US Bank Cash+ (22.5k), Wells Fargo (12k), Bloomingdale’s (12.4k), Chase Freedom (5k), Discover IT (5k).
Message 11 of 17
DigitalArk
Valued Contributor

I have talked to two different reps. Yes, you can downgrade it to the no AF one.

Message 12 of 17
nois
Regular Contributor

Just got off the phone with Barclay after opening an Arrival account - I requested a chip & PIN or chip & sig Arrival card and was informed that it is not yet available. However, Lisa the rep. said ALL credit cards will be mandatory chip & PIN/signature by October 2015. Has anyone else heard this?

FEB 2014 EQ: 798 EX: 780 TU: 798
Message 13 of 17
Duncanrr
Valued Contributor

Yes. Oct 2015 is the date that ADC ("account data compromise") relief takes 100% effect. The importance of this is that liability of fraudulent activities shift to merchants that at least 95% of its MasterCard transactions is processed on EMV devices.

Starting Score: EQ 551 TU 548 CK 607on 6/8/12, EX 542(AMEX pull 3/4/12)
Current Score: EQ 808 TU --- EX --- CK 804(FAKO-EX 821, EQ 823, TU 803)
Goal Score: 750

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 14 of 17
nois
Regular Contributor

@Duncanrr wrote:
Yes. Oct 2015 is the date that ADC ("account data compromise") relief takes 100% effect. The importance of this is that liability of fraudulent activities shift to merchants that at least 95% of its MasterCard transactions is processed on EMV devices.

Oh thanks! I hadn't read about ADC.

FEB 2014 EQ: 798 EX: 780 TU: 798
Message 15 of 17
efranklin23
Valued Contributor

@nois wrote:

@Duncanrr wrote:

I know if you open an Barclays account in the UK, you can request an EMV Chip & Pin here through the American Bank. I had a friend do that.

AMEX BCE (30K), DISCOVER IT (29.5K), NFCU CASH REWARDS (25K), BOA TRAVEL REWARDS (15K), USAA VISA (13K), CHASE SAPPHIRE RESERVE (13K), COMMENCE MASTERCARD (7.5K), CHASE FREEDOM (7K), CHASE FREEDOM (7K), TFCU CC (2.5K), TARGET REDCARD (900)
Message 16 of 17
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

@efranklin23 wrote:

@nois wrote:

@Duncanrr wrote:

I know if you open an Barclays account in the UK, you can request an EMV Chip & Pin here through the American Bank. I had a friend do that.

Wonder if the same is true with Cap One.

Message 17 of 17
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.