cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Barclaycard Arrival MC?? 40,000 point bonus?

tag
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

Re: Barclaycard Arrival MC?? 40,000 point bonus?

The question is...can you resist future apps for awhile if you get the Barclays?
Message 11 of 22
youngandcreditwrthy
Senior Contributor

Ive just really been wanting a card that will give me a free trip lol! If I get this card, I would just app for maybe one more card come fall...just a good bal xfer card prob. Might also need student loan(s) come August/September. I know they pull TU.
Marriott PR$25k | BCE $24.5K |BankAmericard Visa $25k| BOA Better Bal $17.5k |Wmt Discover $12.5k | BR Visa $17.5k | Amex Delta Gold $10k | Discover IT $10k | Paypal Extras MC $15k | Amazon Store $10k|Smile Gen $7.25k | Dillard's $10k | West Elm $4k| Express $3.05K | Mypoints.com Visa $4.5k | Freedom Visa $1k| Amex Surpass $1k
Message 12 of 22
improvingmycredit
Valued Contributor

Hey youngandcreditwrthy!
lol- I couldn't resist the app for this card because of the $400 travel reward. How many apps do you have on TU and when was the last CC approval? They are sticklers for new accounts and apps though not as much with established histories and high FICOs.

Starting Score: 642
Current Score: EQ 773, EX 780, TU 777 (All FICO)
Goal Score: 800+

Cards: NFCU Flagship 50K, DC 30K, BCP 28.6K, Arrival+ 25K, Citi DP 22.8K, CSR 20.5K, TotalRewards 25K, QuickSilver 20K

Message 13 of 22
youngandcreditwrthy
Senior Contributor

I knowww... It's such a good bonus! Haha...
Well, I opened Citi in February😳 lol
Also, Amex/ Discover in Oct 2012.
I have like 2 inqs on TU in the past year, 4 on EQ and 3 on Exp.
My EQ FICO has recently gone down to 672 heh
TU is 739
Exp is unknown haha
Marriott PR$25k | BCE $24.5K |BankAmericard Visa $25k| BOA Better Bal $17.5k |Wmt Discover $12.5k | BR Visa $17.5k | Amex Delta Gold $10k | Discover IT $10k | Paypal Extras MC $15k | Amazon Store $10k|Smile Gen $7.25k | Dillard's $10k | West Elm $4k| Express $3.05K | Mypoints.com Visa $4.5k | Freedom Visa $1k| Amex Surpass $1k
Message 14 of 22
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

I'm adding this cc to my fall spree after enharu applied. Since I wanted a Barclays cc and my last TU app was in Jan hopefully the 9 mos in between wont make them nervous.

Youngandcreditwrthy - the only thing about Barclays that makes me nervous for you is their supposed history of AAs You should be fine but all things considered be careful.
Message 15 of 22
improvingmycredit
Valued Contributor

@youngandcreditwrthy!
haha- it is a great bonus! I would wait till your last app is 6 months then go for it if you want it. What's your AAoA? You will likely have to recon to explain the new credit even then but if you have good answers and tell them you are looking to make them primary- you have a good shot. I hope they match you with a high limit. haha... That'd be awesome for you!

Starting Score: 642
Current Score: EQ 773, EX 780, TU 777 (All FICO)
Goal Score: 800+

Cards: NFCU Flagship 50K, DC 30K, BCP 28.6K, Arrival+ 25K, Citi DP 22.8K, CSR 20.5K, TotalRewards 25K, QuickSilver 20K

Message 16 of 22
youngandcreditwrthy
Senior Contributor

My aaoa is almost three years, so it's decent.
Why can't June 3rd be here!!!!!!
I'm ready to get my next Amex CLI already! Bah!
I know Barclay's limit matches...I can't imagine them matching my highest of $20k. I also have $5-6k avail on my Travelocity Amex I could prob use to open/enhance an Arrival card if I got one!
LOL if I get a cli on BCE to $25k, then I will want to wait until that new limit reports haha so I won't even be able to apply for the Arrival card until like mid June. Heh.
Message 17 of 22
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

Hey, you could always wait til Sept and app with me! 😏
Message 18 of 22
enharu
Super Contributor

it's a nice card!

The sign-up bonuses alone easily justify the cost of 1 HP. In a way it's like 40% off your shopping.

I was regretting a little after I applied for this card, but during the past week my experiences have been pretty pleasant and in a way I'm kinda happy I got it.

The web interface is still a little out-dated looking like it's from the early 2000s (same thing with US Bank), but overall the website is pretty functional and it does pretty much everything I need to do so far without any problems. I noticed that the miles are posted immediately once the charges are posted, and can be redeemed right away, so that's a nice aspect. No need to wait till statement closes to redeem my miles. 

It's a nice no frills 2% cashback card if redeemed for travel. 2.2% if used to book for travel with them?

If I want cashback, it's a 1% card, which is pretty much the same as Wells Fargo and other basic credit cards, so I can't complain. But if I want cashback I wouldn't be using this card in the first place.

I can't say much about customer service since I only called once and I called during peak hours so wait time was pretty long which is understandable.

Overall I would say it's a nice card that's a nice complement to other cards. Definitely go for it!

I went on a pretty crazy app spree and applied for another card after I got my Barclays. Hopefully they don't close my account or anything, but if they close it I guess I can always re-apply in a year or two. I'm happy with just the sign-up bonus alone. I'm putting quite a bit of charges through it and my other cards but I'm also making large payment amounts (PIF for all my cards except Barclays and Discover), so hopefully they might look at my low utilization, spending and paying habits and cut me some slack.

As for CSP, CSP is good in the sense that it allows 1:1 points transfer to their partners. That's bout the only real use for my UR points.

Million miles secrets has a lot of tips and valuable knowledge on how to maximize CSP usage. Look at this post for example: http://millionmilesecrets.com/2013/04/25/news-you-can-use-300-point-priority-club-quiz-3x-chase-poin...

He was able to redeem a ~$845 hotel room for just 18,000 points, which is a really really nice redemption rate. 

Go for it!!!! Smiley Very Happy Smiley Very Happy Smiley Very Happy Smiley Very Happy

P.S. Does anyone know if barclay's gives out auto CLI easily? are customer initiated CLI HP or SP?

JPMorgan Palladium (100k), AmEx Platinum (NPSL), AmEx SPG (46k), AmEx BCP (42k), Chase Sapphire Preferred (47k), Citi Prestige (31k), Citi Thank You Preferred (27k), Citi Executive AAdvantage (25k), JPMorgan Ritz-Carlton (21k), Merrill+ (15k), US Bank Cash+ (22.5k), Wells Fargo (12k), Bloomingdale’s (12.4k), Chase Freedom (5k), Discover IT (5k).
Message 19 of 22
jsucool76
Super Contributor

Customer initiated clis are HP. Dont know how often they give auto clis
Message 20 of 22
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.