cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Barclaycard Chances? "We are in the process of reviewing" message?

tag
LisaJ
Frequent Contributor

Barclaycard Chances? "We are in the process of reviewing" message?

Ok; so I know Barclay rarely instantly approves, and I usually do have to explain a thing or two on my report.  But after Discover instant approval (my first EVER! and Amex taking me back after all these years, I am nevertheless disappointed. Particularly since I called to recon and they ARE CLOSED!!!!! Grrrrr. I will say that I am firmly in the garden after I recon, and will only venture out for an AMEX CLI in 61 days.

But now I am worried and I am here for some reassurance. I apped for the Barclaycard.  I found a link with $100 CB after a $750 spend, and 0% for 12 months on new purchases.  I'd intended to app for Apple, but this was better, and the 2% on utilities also appealed to me. I realize they may AA me when they see I opened Amex and Discover this month, but I am conservative in general and if it happens, it happens. 

Here is the message I received:  

Thank you for your recent application. We're in the process of reviewing the information you provided for your Barclaycard Rewards Mastercard application. 

Please keep in mind it may take up to 10 business days to process your application. There is no need to reapply. If you provided an email address, we will send you an email upon review of your application. Please feel free to check back as this page will display the most recent status updates.

I this the same a the 7-10 day message?  Does anyone have experience with this message?  I am having a hard time matching this in a search.  Is this one I need to call on or wait on? Anyone get this message and get denied on recon? I have CSP $10,000, Chase Freedom $7500, assorted store cards, and am at 8% util, but my TU iss howing 11%, because a few balances need to update, and it will be even lower once amex and Discover report. I am in the low 700s according to myFico, and my only baddies are a 30 day late from a few years ago (in dispute) and a paid tax lien from 2009. Today's app is my ONLY app on TU, which is honestly  the only reason I decided to push my luck.

So annoyed that they are closed.  It was a wake up call to stop while I am ahead, though.  

Sorry so long.  Sigh.  Thoughts?

WOW! EQ when I joined myFICO: 657. Ups and downs and a few bumps and bruises, but finally back over 700. Whew!

Message 1 of 37
36 REPLIES 36
enharu
Super Contributor

Re: Barclaycard Chances? "We are in the process of reviewing" message?

I got the same message when i applied for Barclay arrival last Friday night. I called Monday morning, answered a simple question about my income, and a question about a dispute on my Wells Fargo (non relevant to my account; merchant didn't ship something out after I paid on eBay). And was instantly approved. Got sent to customer security to verify my info and that was it
JPMorgan Palladium (100k), AmEx Platinum (NPSL), AmEx SPG (46k), AmEx BCP (42k), Chase Sapphire Preferred (47k), Citi Prestige (31k), Citi Thank You Preferred (27k), Citi Executive AAdvantage (25k), JPMorgan Ritz-Carlton (21k), Merrill+ (15k), US Bank Cash+ (22.5k), Wells Fargo (12k), Bloomingdale’s (12.4k), Chase Freedom (5k), Discover IT (5k).
Message 2 of 37
youngandcreditwrthy
Senior Contributor

Good luck,
Buuuuut I thought you had like 50-80 inqs?
Marriott PR$25k | BCE $24.5K |BankAmericard Visa $25k| BOA Better Bal $17.5k |Wmt Discover $12.5k | BR Visa $17.5k | Amex Delta Gold $10k | Discover IT $10k | Paypal Extras MC $15k | Amazon Store $10k|Smile Gen $7.25k | Dillard's $10k | West Elm $4k| Express $3.05K | Mypoints.com Visa $4.5k | Freedom Visa $1k| Amex Surpass $1k
Message 3 of 37
enharu
Super Contributor

Op has 80 inquires?!????!!
JPMorgan Palladium (100k), AmEx Platinum (NPSL), AmEx SPG (46k), AmEx BCP (42k), Chase Sapphire Preferred (47k), Citi Prestige (31k), Citi Thank You Preferred (27k), Citi Executive AAdvantage (25k), JPMorgan Ritz-Carlton (21k), Merrill+ (15k), US Bank Cash+ (22.5k), Wells Fargo (12k), Bloomingdale’s (12.4k), Chase Freedom (5k), Discover IT (5k).
Message 4 of 37
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

Message 5 of 37
myjourney
Super Contributor

Edit so glad this is another................. Lexie I looked it up its Ilovelisa w/80 INQ

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 6 of 37
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

Again, I think that was iloveLisa - I don't remember this OP having inq's like that number.

Could be wrong. 😕
Message 7 of 37
myjourney
Super Contributor

@09Lexie wrote:
Again, I think that was iloveLisa - I don't remember this OP having inq's like that number.

Could be wrong. 😕

Lexie I hope so OP if you dont have 80 INQ it was meant as support for another PLS forgive

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 8 of 37
Ron1
Super Contributor

I got the message when I applied for the card. I called the backdoor and I got approved. They were nice.

Ron.

Message 9 of 37
LisaJ
Frequent Contributor

Y&C, you must have me confused with someone else. I have 3 on EQ (Chase, from July 2012 Chase, from December, and Discover  from last week.)

I have two Chase pulls (same dates as above; they double pulled) and the Amex from last week on EX, and just today's pull on TU.

I toyed with appign for Citi and decided not to.  Apping makes me nervous for the most part.  It took me years after my divorce to get that score up, so I am pretty conservative over all.  The recent success made me a little crazy, I guess, so I went for the Barclays.

I am now very curious to know who has that many inquiries?!? 

ETA: Just saw the above messages. Nothing to forgive, at all!  It happens.  It is a big board. Smiley Happy  No worries at all!

LOL; I'm worried enough over my 3 apps on EQ and EX, so I was reeeeeeeeally confused.  Holy wow on 80. But,  I do think sometimes people do not realize how it affects them and their score.  I know educating myself has made a BIG difference in my credit behavior. 

@youngandcreditwrthy wrote:
Good luck,
Buuuuut I thought you had like 50-80 inqs?

WOW! EQ when I joined myFICO: 657. Ups and downs and a few bumps and bruises, but finally back over 700. Whew!

Message 10 of 37
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.