Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Barclaycard Conversion Letter

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Barclaycard Conversion Letter

Lucky i recognized this predatory tactic from when I worked for Wells Fargo... I paid down the Barclay card early, even though I had six more months of 0% interest left, to avoid this very thing. I understand that things happen and transitioning is not an easy task, but not only NOT supporting your customers during such a difficult time, they actively CALLED on a Saturday to tell me that I was "late and I needed to make a payment." When I told them I had just made a payment the day before, they said they "have no record of a payment but I still have to pay the late fee." And for ONCE in my life, I had actually printed out and saved the confirmation number and read it to the non-english speaking person on the other end of the phone...he put me on hold but not for long, came back and said he could still find no information on my payment, I told him that wasn't my problem, so I say, "let me do you a favor and request that you please send me to your customer retention department/desk or whatever... and you and I won't have to discuss this any more.. so he sends me to "Hannah" and she couldn't have been more understanding, which is what happens when you speak to someone who UNDERSTANDS the language. She waived the late fee and said there would be nothing negative on my score... we will see. Either way, they lost all of the future balance transfers I was about to make. Too bad. Just not an intelligent way to run a business. How petty of them.

Message 301 of 308
Anonymous
Not applicable

It's now been over three weeks since my balance transfer was processed on my Sapphire and the payment has STILL has not posted to my Mercury card yet. This is ridiculous. 

Message 302 of 308
Anonymous
Not applicable

Oh my!! I’d call both sides Smiley Sad
Message 303 of 308
w_mcfly22
Established Member

Sheesh Mercury not off to a good start with folks in here. I was jus given an $1800 CLI out the blue as a welcoming thing or whatever it said...helps the utilization for sure...
Message 304 of 308
Anonymous
Not applicable

NO MATTER WHAT YOU DO DO NOT USE MERCURY CREDIT CARD! THEY ARE THE BIGGEST SHADDIEST COMPANY AROUND!  

We first began to get suspicous of this company when we discovered that every single phone number they had only went to automated means. Regardless of what option you pressed there was only automated information. There was no option to get a live person on the phone. Googled 4 different numbers and every single one of them never gave an option in the middle of the day to get a live agent. It wasnt until we found out the bank that under wrote these crooks that you had do constantly press ZERO over three times to finally get someone. 

The second part of these con artists was the fact that we pay our credit cards ontime for years and the payment was always posted within 2 business days. These scumbags after over 1 week still havent credited my account for the payment made. Called them yesterday and they said the payment would post today and it hasn't. Called them again, and guess what another lie in stalling saying it was going to post on a non business day. Load of crap! 

This is what got us extremely suspicious. When we kept on questioning them of why they had constantly lied to us, we asked for the address of their main headquarters. They refused to give us the address to where they operate! Not only that, I got the same person on both days for a so called company. Tons of Red Flags were raised after that. Kept on getting run around lies, refused to disclose where they are located. Now the question is what is Mercury Mastercard really hiding. Any legit company that operates by the law has no problem giving out their address without a problem, but not Mercury. The exact words, "we cannot disclose or give out our location for security reasons." Translation, we are a scum bag company and we dont want you to find out where we are located because then you'd be appauled to find the truth! 

Will be filing an immediater complaint with the dept of homeland security and the Federal Trade Commissoin. Once we find out where they are located, since Barcley was in Georgia its more than likely these cons are located in the same state. So we'll have our legal department contact the dept of consumer affairs in Georgia as a start. 

We would not trust this company because they have constantly lied to us and now that made up story of not wanting to disclose where your located to your actual customer. Dont Trust these scumbags!

Message 305 of 308
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

NO MATTER WHAT YOU DO DO NOT USE MERCURY CREDIT CARD! THEY ARE THE BIGGEST SHADDIEST COMPANY AROUND!  

We first began to get suspicous of this company when we discovered that every single phone number they had only went to automated means. Regardless of what option you pressed there was only automated information. There was no option to get a live person on the phone. Googled 4 different numbers and every single one of them never gave an option in the middle of the day to get a live agent. It wasnt until we found out the bank that under wrote these crooks that you had do constantly press ZERO over three times to finally get someone. 

The second part of these con artists was the fact that we pay our credit cards ontime for years and the payment was always posted within 2 business days. These scumbags after over 1 week still havent credited my account for the payment made. Called them yesterday and they said the payment would post today and it hasn't. Called them again, and guess what another lie in stalling saying it was going to post on a non business day. Load of crap! 

This is what got us extremely suspicious. When we kept on questioning them of why they had constantly lied to us, we asked for the address of their main headquarters. They refused to give us the address to where they operate! Not only that, I got the same person on both days for a so called company. Tons of Red Flags were raised after that. Kept on getting run around lies, refused to disclose where they are located. Now the question is what is Mercury Mastercard really hiding. Any legit company that operates by the law has no problem giving out their address without a problem, but not Mercury. The exact words, "we cannot disclose or give out our location for security reasons." Translation, we are a scum bag company and we dont want you to find out where we are located because then you'd be appauled to find the truth! 

Will be filing an immediater complaint with the dept of homeland security and the Federal Trade Commissoin. Once we find out where they are located, since Barcley was in Georgia its more than likely these cons are located in the same state. So we'll have our legal department contact the dept of consumer affairs in Georgia as a start. 

We would not trust this company because they have constantly lied to us and now that made up story of not wanting to disclose where your located to your actual customer. Dont Trust these scumbags!

They may well be bad in some ways but I don't think not supplying the address of the HQ to a random caller is that strange.   They provide info on the issuing bank, and provide PO Box address for contact.   I'm sure the regulators have all they need.   Why the Dept of Homeland Security?

Message 306 of 308
Anonymous
Not applicable

He (she?) joined just to post that long diatribe... and, yeah, about the DHS comment, I was wondering the same thing!

Message 307 of 308
Grabiela
New Contributor

WHY DHS........ This is not a Inmigration issue... jajaja

Message 308 of 308
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.