Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Barclaycard Financing Visa PC soon to Barclays View Mastercard

tag
MyFault
Valued Contributor

Barclaycard Financing Visa PC soon to Barclays View Mastercard

I just got a letter in the mail that my Barclaycard Financing Visa (boring white card with no benefits), is being discontinued and changed to a Barclays View Mastercard on 5/7/2021.

The new benefits of the card include:

3x on Dining

2x on streaming, internet, phone & TV

2x grocery

1x everything else

You can redeem points for deposits into your checking/savings, statement credits, gift cards.

No mention if it'll be standard MC, World MC, or World Elite MC. I'm assuming standard MC.

Other than this being a much better looking card in my folder, this change doesn't really affect me in any way. The only reason this card is still open is because it's my oldest card right now.

That being said, the benefits may be enticing to some, as it's a no AF card.

I don't think many people have this card but anyone else that does, did you receive a letter also?

|  
Message 1 of 46
45 REPLIES 45
blindambition
Senior Contributor

Re: Barclaycard Financing Visa PC soon to Barclays View Mastercard

Thanks for sharing!! Was yours originally Apple?,  and then PC to Financing.

Message 2 of 46
MyFault
Valued Contributor

@blindambition wrote:

Thanks for sharing!! Was yours originally Apple?,  and then PC to Financing.

Once upon a time, yes it was Apple. When i got my first Macbook Air in 2013, they got me to apply for it vs paying cash. I assume they got a bonus for getting people to sign up. 

|  
Message 3 of 46
blindambition
Senior Contributor

Barclays is an odd one. Second conversion since losing Apple, but at least this change is more favorable for the cardholders.

Message 4 of 46
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

This is good news for some folks.  Just like I had hinted several months ago (I should play the lottery 😂 j/k) about the demise of this particular card that it wasn't going to transition to GS and Barclays would likely convert them to their plain Jane variety (can we use Jane or is that a no-no? -- ok plain, no frills it is).

Which is a win-win by not closing the card or allowing folks to roll over the CL to another Barclays card (if applicable) to preserve the history.

Message 5 of 46
Anonymous
Not applicable

It's frustrating when banks create new products to convert old accounts to, but never open them up to the public.  

sigh

Message 6 of 46
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:

It's frustrating when banks create new products to convert old accounts to, but never open them up to the public.  

sigh

It's possible they're testing how this product might evolve given the transition.  Potentially, if successful, they may open it up to the masses, but at least for those who had the former product there's a decent option vs nothing.

Message 7 of 46
Loquat
Moderator Emeritus

It is my great hope that they'll at some point part ways with Uber and change the card to something else. I'm AU on my wife's card and since the change to Uber credit the card has been idle except an occasional charge for activity.
Message 8 of 46
Remedios
Credit Mentor

@Loquat wrote:
It is my great hope that they'll at some point part ways with Uber and change the card to something else. I'm AU on my wife's card and since the change to Uber credit the card has been idle except an occasional charge for activity.

@Loquat  I demand GC or I'm sending screenshot to Citi. 

Message 9 of 46
Loquat
Moderator Emeritus

@Remedios Smiley LOL  Nothing Barclays have in their stable will overcome my unhealthy love for ThankYou points.  LOL!!

Message 10 of 46
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.