Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Barclaycard Help - intro rate

tag
brianjb
Contributor

Barclaycard Help - intro rate

Help!!

i have a barclaycard card.  I was going to use it for a purchase.  I opened the account about three months ago.  On Friday, I bought two iPads with the intention of using the 0% and pay them off.

i looked at account FAQ's and it looks like the 0% is only for Apple purchases made within the first 30 days.  Will they reconsider this?  Any number that I should call to ask for reconsideration?

AMEX TrueEarnings 10K | AMEX BCE 10K | AMEX Hilton Honors 10K | AMEX Hilton Surpass 2K | Bank of America 1-2-3 2K | Barclay Card 2K | Chase Southwest Premier Visa 6K | Chase Marriott Premier Visa 9K | Discover IT Card 1.5K | Merrick Bank 1.4K | Navy Federal Credit Union Visa 10K | Navy Federal Credit Union navCheck 15K | USAA Rewards 7K |+ tons of store cards (GE furniture, Amazon, Lowes, Home Depot, etc)
Total amount of available credit $100K
Scores (as of December 2013) Equifax 714 | Experian 714 | Transunion 727
Short term goal is score 750+ across the board
Long term goal is to have all scores close to 800 or 800+
Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Barclaycard Help - intro rate

You can always contact them to see if there is any other offer.  However, it's likely a no-go once the promotional period has expired..

Message 2 of 7
brianjb
Contributor

That's what I was afraid of.  Looks like I need to evaluate transferring this to a 0% card or paying it off this month.  

Ill try to call them

AMEX TrueEarnings 10K | AMEX BCE 10K | AMEX Hilton Honors 10K | AMEX Hilton Surpass 2K | Bank of America 1-2-3 2K | Barclay Card 2K | Chase Southwest Premier Visa 6K | Chase Marriott Premier Visa 9K | Discover IT Card 1.5K | Merrick Bank 1.4K | Navy Federal Credit Union Visa 10K | Navy Federal Credit Union navCheck 15K | USAA Rewards 7K |+ tons of store cards (GE furniture, Amazon, Lowes, Home Depot, etc)
Message 3 of 7
Kenny
Moderator Emeritus

Can you just return them and buy them from Apple if you truly want the 0%.. a little hassle but might be worth it for you.

Message 4 of 7
brianjb
Contributor

OK, everyone.

Here is the deal.  I am thining this may help those who have same issue.

The card is set to automatically give you 0% rate in the first 30 days of card being open.  However, the reps at Barclay can over ride it.

I made a purchase at the Apple Store, and it didn't reflect the 0% rate.  The rep said he will send it to another department to give it the 0% rate.

He said that in the future if I want to shop at Apple and want the low rate, I can call them ahead and they will apply the rate to my card.  Apparently it isn't automatic.

So you can either call ahead, or call after and they will fix it. 

In the future, I will call ahead before purchase so that I know the rate is applied.

Thanks!

Message 5 of 7
coldnmn
Mega Contributor

@brianjb wrote:

OK, everyone.

Here is the deal.  I am thining this may help those who have same issue.

The card is set to automatically give you 0% rate in the first 30 days of card being open.  However, the reps at Barclay can over ride it.

I made a purchase at the Apple Store, and it didn't reflect the 0% rate.  The rep said he will send it to another department to give it the 0% rate.

He said that in the future if I want to shop at Apple and want the low rate, I can call them ahead and they will apply the rate to my card.  Apparently it isn't automatic.

So you can either call ahead, or call after and they will fix it. 

In the future, I will call ahead before purchase so that I know the rate is applied.

Thanks!

Good to know. Thanks for sharing.

Discover IT $17k / US Bank Ace (VSig) $13.5K / US Bank Cash+ (VSig) $13.5k
Sam's Mastercard $15k / Walmart Mastercard $10k / Blispay $7.5k PayPal Ex MC $10.8k
CareCredit 5k / Husq $5k / Cap1 QS $4.5k / Barclay Ring $5.35k / Citi DC (WMC) $12k
Gardening Date 7/01/16 / MyFico 08: EQ 801 / TU 777 / EX 771 / 06/08/17
Message 6 of 7
brianjb
Contributor

You're welcome!

I was looking at my budget, and when I looked online and saw the 22% interest rate for the recent Apple purchase, I almost passed out.  I immediately got mad, and started looking for a place to transfer the balance.  Then I got irritated, that I would have to pay a balance transfer fee.

I'm so glad I called Barclay and talked to the rep.  He said that it should all be sorted out by Dec 26, so I will call on Dec 27 to ensure that it is applied.

I am glad to know this, because I want a new iMac.  Once I pay the iPad's off that I bought, I will be getting the iMac.  Can't beat the 0%.

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.