cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Barclaycard No auto CLI no offers or SP CLI?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Barclaycard No auto CLI no offers or SP CLI?

I have had my Barclays cashforward for 1.5 years with no love from them at all Smiley Sad

I use this card ALOT I max it out and pay it off at least once a month sometimes more (a big reason for wanting a larger limit), Never carry a big balance.

I called and tried the "any offers available" didn't get transferred but the rep seemed confused muttering something about submitting something, I asked for a manager who promptly told me "sorry no offers" and "we don't grand apr reductions at customers request" I received a call back from someone more senior according to him he is as far up as I can get without writing a letter to the presidents office...

He said HP or nothing, no offers no SP.

I can't believe that there is NOTHING available, I have been with them a while now and my limit is the same my APR is pretty high as well.

My Fico Score is around 760 With clean credit no lates or anything funny.

I have a couple smaller cards with Capital one (stuck in the **bleep** pool from when I had no credit so no increase from them either.)

I have a fairly large lowes card (doesn't get too much use but they had no problem giving me more)

My Auto loan rate is pretty good as well Also didn't have an issue getting the rate.

With all that I can't think my credit is bad enough to warrant the treatment from these people.

My question is did something change recently or am I just getting caught in a loop of unhelpful reps?

I am stuck with the lower limit and a High APR Smiley Sad

11 REPLIES 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Barclaycard No auto CLI no offers or SP CLI?

Same boat. I've had the card for a year and a half, 756 score,  2% agg. util., use heavily and pay in full and have never gotten anything. I even foolishly requested a CLI and took hard pulls across all three bureaus which I thought they never did. I was not happy. Lesson learned. 

Message 2 of 12
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

OP, it appears some internal policies have shifted as of last year. The most recent data points appear to indicate that APR reductions may still be possible on a case-by-case basis and if your account is eligible for such offer.

As far as SP CLIs, that appears to have gone down the wayside, but data points are scarce on that piece. If you really want a CLI, then you can definitely take the HP route.

ETA - there's been several reports that indicate some HP CLIs will take 3 hits, one for each CRA. YEMV.
Message 3 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

I also applied for a cli on my Uber card and they pulled all 3. I was pissed! I received a $5k limit increase but it was not worth the 3 pulls.
Message 4 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

I called and received a permanent 4% APR reduction in October.  I didn't have any available offers for SP increases though. 

Message 5 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

It could be due to the issues they have had in the media they might be hesitant to give out higher lines. As everyone is saying recession recession... banks are becoming less and less giving on higher CLI Because they are afraid of a 2008 where they have to real in limits from people because of financial issues they had. They have had also a few scandals last year so that doesnt help the company books. https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2019-02-06/diamond-steps-down-as-atlas-mara-chairman-as-firm... Personally I would send a letter to the president.. and tell them you have other banks wooing you into changing your spending with them. If they wont do a manual underwrite (which takes longer and not automated) and give you a clear answer on why they cant grant you a higher line.. then you are going to move your spending to another bank that treats you better. Someone from corp will call you they will tell you they need a few days to "look into this" and then either they are going to call you with a better line or give you a actual reason they can't. Sometimes they offer another card line. But at least your having a discussion with someone that isnt a brain dead customer service rep.
Message 6 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Barclay apparently doesn’t give CLI without you asking and a HP. I was with Barclay for over two years with scores either just over 800 or close. With a $5K limit I finally asked. A TU HP later and I was given a $2500.00 CLI. It wasn’t worth it and I rarely use the card. Only the Cap 1 cards have a lower CL.

Message 7 of 12
JaseT
Established Contributor

I opened my Barclays card 1/18 and received a starting limit of $3k. I never asked for a CLI and in 11/18 they gave me an auto CLI of $6k for a new CL of $9k.

BK7 Filed 12/16, Discharged 3/17 *** Current Revolving CL Total $122.1k *** PIF/AZEO
6/19 FICO SCORES:
On My Radar Cards: Nothing ATM
Future Goal Cards: US Bank Cash +, Citi Double Cash, Discover It, BoA Cash Rewards, USAA Cashback Rewards Plus Amex
Message 8 of 12
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:

Barclay apparently doesn’t give CLI without you asking and a HP. I was with Barclay for over two years with scores either just over 800 or close. With a $5K limit I finally asked. A TU HP later and I was given a $2500.00 CLI. It wasn’t worth it and I rarely use the card. Only the Cap 1 cards have a lower CL.

As mentioned upthread, Barclays does give auto-CLIs.  I've received quite a few here and there on 4 of their cards.  The frequency and CLI amounts do tend to vary and more or less would likely depend on an individual's overall profile. 

Message 9 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

9 months into my Uber Visa card they auto bumped the limit from $1000 to $3000, so they do it, but if you ask for it it’s gonna be a hard pull.
Message 10 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.