Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Barclaycard Payment

tag
Creditfan1234
Contributor

Barclaycard Payment

I can't figure out what Barclay's did with a payment to my wife's card. So I have been trying to use up some checks we have laying around because we don't need them so I have been paying our Barclay Cards with them.
I have been doing this for a few months now with out problems. I sent in my wife's payment and they received it and processed the payment towards her card. All sounds good right?
I sent one to my card at the same time and it processed the same day and then hit our CU via ACH the following day which is normal. It has now been 2 weeks and my wife's payment has not come through our CU account. Did the person processing her payment mess it up or should I just wait it out to see if it hits our CU account? I am just worried they are going to say the payment returned when it sounds like an error on their part if anything. These are checks from the same account FYI.
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
JayRizzo
Established Contributor

Re: Barclaycard Payment

A few things come to mind when it comes to payment processing with Barclay: 1) They may hold payments up to 2 weeks before posting, but I heard they back-date it, so you're not late. They'll do this if you've already sent multiple payments within the same billing cycle like 3 or 4 payments. 2) If it was for a larger than normal amount 3) If the payment source is new, they want to be sure it's legit.
Message 2 of 4
Creditfan1234
Contributor

Well after 3 1/2 weeks it finally came through our bank account. Very odd
Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm glad every thing worked out.
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.