cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Barclaycard Rewards MasterCard Discontinued?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Barclaycard Rewards MasterCard Discontinued?

On the Barclaycard US web site it says the Barclaycard Rewards MasterCard (for average credit) is no longer offered. 😕 So I called Barclay's and they said it was still offered then they quickly pressured me to start an appl. The person over the phone was not aware that the online offer was discontinued. I did not apply because I'm still gardening.
Message 1 of 24
23 REPLIES 23
Dalmus
Valued Contributor

Re: Barclaycard Rewards MasterCard Discontinued?

@Anonymous wrote:
On the Barclaycard US web site it says the Barclaycard Rewards MasterCard (for average credit) is no longer offered. 😕 So I called Barclay's and they said it was still offered then they quickly pressured me to start an appl. The person over the phone was not aware that the online offer was discontinued. I did not apply because I'm still gardening.

Just went to look, and it isn't listed in their available cards to apply for...  Where did you see the message that it was no longer offered?

NFCU MR: $25K | Venture: $21K | Amex ED: $18K | NFCU CR: $18K | Amex BCE: $15K | IT #1: $17.5K | PNC Core: $15K | PPMC:  $12K | Wells Fargo: $11K | Savor: 12K | Cap1 QS: $8.5K | Barclays Rewards: $7.75K | IT #2: $7.3K | MLife: $9.5K | Sportsman's Guide: $8.7K | PenFed PR: $5.5K | Elan Plat: $2.3K | TRV: $3.6K | BotW: $3K

Current FICO 8 Scores: EQ: 828| TU: 805 | EX: 814

Message 2 of 24
Anonymous
Not applicable

I did a search online for it and a link came up from Barclaycard to apply so once I clicked on it Barclay said , "We are sorry but the Barclaycard Rewards MasterCard is no longer offered (paraphrasing).

Message 3 of 24
Anonymous
Not applicable

Message 4 of 24
dumaine
Regular Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

http://www.findmybarclaycard.com/barclaycard-credit-cards/rewards 

Link does not work..404 Error

Message 5 of 24
Anonymous
Not applicable

I verified through online message it is no longer available to app for but if you have it you still get the same rewards. I also tried to PC at that point but it was a no :/
Message 6 of 24
barthooper
Frequent Contributor

I noticed it was gone from online when I went to look up the rewards on it to verify that it was better than the Sallie Mae replacement card, Commerce. 

Interesting timing with the discontinuing here. I closed my unused Rewards just last month and moved the limit to Sallie Mae.

Quicksilver - 16k | Discover It - 34k | Citi DC - $21k | Chase Amazon - 8k | Chase Reserve - 19.5k | Chase Preferred - 5k | EX FICO (Discover CSC) 788
Message 7 of 24
grillandwinemaster
Valued Contributor

My Barclays Rewards MC was headed for the chopping block this coming Spring.  I wonder if I should hang on too it and see what they replace it with??

Current Scores 3/2016 Equifax 676 Transunion 697 Experian 648 Goal Scores: 720's accross the board. Gardening Goal: 3/2017
Message 8 of 24
Anonymous
Not applicable

Darn I just got used to having this card too. Anyone else know what their next phase is for a replacement?

Message 9 of 24
wasCB14
Super Contributor

@grillandwinemaster wrote:

My Barclays Rewards MC was headed for the chopping block this coming Spring.  I wonder if I should hang on too it and see what they replace it with??

Maybe they are trying to move some people to Cash Forward?

It is a bit puzzling. I don't see how the rewards could be unsustainable for them or anything like that.

Personal spend: Amex Gold, Amex Schwab Plat., BofA PR+CCR(x2), Costco
Business use: Amex Bus. Plat., BBP, Lowes Amex AU, CFU AU
Perks: Delta Plat., United Explorer, IHG49, Hyatt, "Old SPG"
Mostly SD: Freedom Flex, Freedom, Arrival
Upgrade/Downgrade games: ED, BCE
SUB chasing: AA Platinum Select
Message 10 of 24
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.