cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Barclaycard Rewards MasterCard Discontinued?

tag
grillandwinemaster
Valued Contributor

Re: Barclaycard Rewards MasterCard Discontinued?

@SouthJamaica wrote:
I folded it into my other Barclay cards when they declined to lower the interest rate for me, which probably just had to do with the fact that they were starting to phase the card out, since they were more than happy to lower the interest rate on my LL Bean card.

IIRC, the Barclays Rewards Mastercard was stuck/frozen at its 25% apr, or whatever it was, with no opportunity to lower the rate.  I cant recall anybody successfully getting Barclay to lower the rate on that card.  It was marketed towards rebuilders, and it remained as such, as far as apr's are concerned.  I'm sure somebody will correct me, if I'm wrong, but that was my assumption all along on there apr policy.

Current Scores 3/2016 Equifax 676 Transunion 697 Experian 648 Goal Scores: 720's accross the board. Gardening Goal: 3/2017
Message 21 of 24
SouthJamaica
Mega Contributor

@grillandwinemaster wrote:

@SouthJamaica wrote:
I folded it into my other Barclay cards when they declined to lower the interest rate for me, which probably just had to do with the fact that they were starting to phase the card out, since they were more than happy to lower the interest rate on my LL Bean card.

IIRC, the Barclays Rewards Mastercard was stuck/frozen at its 25% apr, or whatever it was, with no opportunity to lower the rate.  I cant recall anybody successfully getting Barclay to lower the rate on that card.  It was marketed towards rebuilders, and it remained as such, as far as apr's are concerned.  I'm sure somebody will correct me, if I'm wrong, but that was my assumption all along on there apr policy.

They did it for me about a year and a half ago, even gave me a promotional 0% also.

Total revolving limits 741200 (620700 reporting) FICO 8: EQ 701 TU 704 EX 685

Message 22 of 24
Anonymous
Not applicable

They lowered mine as well a couple of weeks ago.
Message 23 of 24
kuku4koco
Frequent Contributor

@grillandwinemaster wrote:

I can't find any info on the new Commence card. Where is everyone seeing this new card?

Here in the Death of Sallie Mae thread:  http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Credit-Cards/Death-of-Sallie-Mae/td-p/4813502

EQ: 731 TU: 705 EX: 715

Cap1 QS: 9k USBank: 7k Amex BCE: 14.1k BoA: 8k Discover: 4.4k CareCredit: 12k *Various Store Cards: 18.7k
Message 24 of 24
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.