cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Barclaycard Rewards World MasterCard: 3% FTF Or not?

tag
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

Re: Barclaycard Rewards World MasterCard: 3% FTF Or not?

@NoMoreE46 wrote:

Got an email stating the redemption of their points is dropping from 2500 to 1000 or $25 to $10.

This card is 2x on three categories: Gas, Grocery and Utilities.

When I got my Barclays Rewards card 2% on utilities was very novel.   But soon after I got the Fidelity Amex 2%, and that made the card much less appealing (plus my utilities started charging fees for cc use anyway....)

Message 11 of 13
NoMoreE46
Community Leader
Senior Contributor

@longtimelurker wrote:

@NoMoreE46 wrote:

Got an email stating the redemption of their points is dropping from 2500 to 1000 or $25 to $10.

This card is 2x on three categories: Gas, Grocery and Utilities.

When I got my Barclays Rewards card 2% on utilities was very novel.   But soon after I got the Fidelity Amex 2%, and that made the card much less appealing (plus my utilities started charging fees for cc use anyway....)

Yes Utilities cash back  was novel in 2014.  The BBVA Clear Points card offers utilities (3% option) as well now.

Message 12 of 13
SouthernCredit
Frequent Contributor

Novel as 2% on utilities may be, it's the only card I have that offers it - I don't have an everyday 2% card. No af, high limit, and using it monthly for utilities keeps it open and giving me quarterly rewards I can use at Amazon, which might as well be cash.

Message 13 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.