Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Barclaycard Ring - :(

tag
logan_720
Established Contributor

Barclaycard Ring - :(

Apped for the Ring tonight to use as a low interest revolver just in case I ever needed one, since it beats my CU card by about 7% and since that card is also stuck at $500. Receved the "Application Pending" notification, checked status right after and it was declined. I know as of a few days ago my TU was 713. Will be calling tomorrow to recon. I have no doubt though, that inquiries were the main reason since I just finished an app spree. Ugh. Smiley Sad

Logan.

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
bichonmom
Senior Contributor

Re: Barclaycard Ring - :(

Barclay's is very inq and new acct sensitive. If you don't get it on recon, wait 6 mos and try again at the end of the year. IME, Barclay's was very generous around holiday time last year.

EQ FICO 750 | TU FICO 761 (Walmart) | EX FAKO 767 | Goal: 800+

Edits, funky spacing and spelling due to my iPad not getting along with the forum editor!

Message 2 of 6
LS2982
Mega Contributor

@logan_720 wrote:

Apped for the Ring tonight to use as a low interest revolver just in case I ever needed one, since it beats my CU card by about 7% and since that card is also stuck at $500. Receved the "Application Pending" notification, checked status right after and it was declined. I know as of a few days ago my TU was 713. Will be calling tomorrow to recon. I have no doubt though, that inquiries were the main reason since I just finished an app spree. Ugh. Smiley Sad

Logan.

Sorry to hear, good luck with the recon!!!!

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 3 of 6
gettnthere
Established Contributor

With a 713 i would think you stand a pretty good chance on Recon. But like BICHONMOM said they are very inq sensitive as well with new accounts, id definitely call today and Recon ,BARCLAY'S is great with em

Starting Score: EQ 609, EX 633(Fako), TU 700
Current Score: EQ 699, EX 758, TU 733
Goal Score: 720 across the board
Garden Club Member-GC Challenge: App free since 10/31/12 Smiley Wink
Message 4 of 6
RockinRay
Valued Contributor

Call them.. I think you will get this card on a recon.

They are super easy to deal with and just be honest about "why" you want the card.

Let us know the end result and good luck!  Smiley Happy

Ray

** Every Card has a Job, and Every Card does its Job **
Message 5 of 6
gettnthere
Established Contributor

Oh and they ABSOLUTELY HATE balances, they grilled me about mine and i only had 2 of them that i had accidentally let report

Starting Score: EQ 609, EX 633(Fako), TU 700
Current Score: EQ 699, EX 758, TU 733
Goal Score: 720 across the board
Garden Club Member-GC Challenge: App free since 10/31/12 Smiley Wink
Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.