cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Barclaycard and Cap1 payment holds?

tag
KateM

Barclaycard and Cap1 payment holds?

My husband and I paid off 4 of our credit cards on the 12th, 3 cap1 cards and 1 Barclaycard. $500 on 2 of the cap1s and the Barclay and then $1500 on the other cap1. 2 of the cap1s and the Barclay are holding the payments. Any idea how long they will hold the payment for? Would calling them help release it sooner? All of the payments are already cleared from the bank, and I don't really need to access it any time soon but I like it being there just in case.
EQ: 635 (1/28/14) TU: 647 (3/14/14) EX: 689 (3/14/14)
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
StartingOver10
Moderator Emerita

Re: Barclaycard and Cap1 payment holds?

Don't know how long they will hold your payments. I haven't had that issue with either of Cap1 or Barclays. But they look at payment patterns. Is this the first time you and your husband have made payments in full or for that amount? If you make payments like this every month, you won't have the hold's at all.

Best thing to do is call them to find out the hold period or just wait until it is released.

Message 2 of 4
ecxpa
Valued Contributor

Cap1 does it all the time

Message 3 of 4
enharu
Super Contributor

If the payment amount is extraordinarily large compared to your usual payment patterns, then banks may put a hold on it sometimes. Once you establish a pattern of making larger payment amounts, it will happen less or not at all in the future.

Barclays holds payments for 7-10 extra business days, if I am not wrong.
JPMorgan Palladium (100k), AmEx Platinum (NPSL), AmEx SPG (46k), AmEx BCP (42k), Chase Sapphire Preferred (47k), Citi Prestige (31k), Citi Thank You Preferred (27k), Citi Executive AAdvantage (25k), JPMorgan Ritz-Carlton (21k), Merrill+ (15k), US Bank Cash+ (22.5k), Wells Fargo (12k), Bloomingdale’s (12.4k), Chase Freedom (5k), Discover IT (5k).
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.