Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Barclaycard shenanigans continue.

tag
Bmac66
Frequent Contributor

Re: Barclaycard shenanigans continue.

Wells Fargo just did similar to me and gave same reasons. I have Barclay's Visa with Apple rewards and somebody told me Barclays is the same. This is proof. When I got the Barclay's Visa I took advantage of their no interest for 18 months if used within first 30 days. Have about $800 left to pay off. Hoping I don't get AA when I do. Have $5k cl. 

Message 11 of 28
kdm31091
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Wow, sorry to hear about Barclay...so happy to be blacklisted with them from 16 years ago!   There are just too many lenders out here, just close them and move on.

These statements in this context always confuse me a bit. Of course, the statement is correct, plenty of lenders out there. But every lender has risk assesement procedures. Citi, Amex, Chase, etc have all done plenty of their share of CLDs.

The point is that if you aggressively seek credit, you aren't really much more safe with other lenders vs Barclay's, necessarily. It's fine to dislike Barclay's but these CLDs aren't unique to them.

Message 12 of 28
Imperfectfuture
Super Contributor

@kdm31091 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Wow, sorry to hear about Barclay...so happy to be blacklisted with them from 16 years ago!   There are just too many lenders out here, just close them and move on.

These statements in this context always confuse me a bit. Of course, the statement is correct, plenty of lenders out there. But every lender has risk assesement procedures. Citi, Amex, Chase, etc have all done plenty of their share of CLDs.

The point is that if you aggressively seek credit, you aren't really much more safe with other lenders vs Barclay's, necessarily. It's fine to dislike Barclay's but these CLDs aren't unique to them.

Agree.  It is how you handle.

Signature needs updating
Message 13 of 28
Gmood1
Super Contributor

I just requested a CLI last night. Since my Arrival+ has been getting a lot of use. We'll see what they do. Limit is 5k at the 6 months mark. Always paid in full, sometimes we run 3k in a month through this card.
They can CLD if they like. I'll burn up the points buying airline tickets, PIF and close this SOB out. I'm a big boy, that's why I have other cards available to roll my spend to. At the time of cli request, I had12 inqs and 761 TU with spotless CR. I have a bunch of new accounts. I noticed they've been snooping around my EX credit report in January. Lol

I've seen recently in the news that Barclay's is losing their rear ends in the world market.
They've announced they are in the process of trimming the fat. In order to sure up after the beating.
Message 14 of 28
Ghoshida
Valued Contributor

Note: I have a Barclaycard Sallie Mae Mastercard, something that isn't available to apply anymore.

I started with 3k and over a period of 2 years, I've got 1 auto CLI and two SP CLI to get it to 12k. They also reduced my APR by 8% over the past year.

They show rewards promptly and the redemption is very straightforward. Two years netted me about $500 in Cashback.

So far, no reason to dislike them.
Message 15 of 28
jbsea
Established Contributor

Baclays scare me.  I've read this over and over about them and it makes  me not want to have any of there cards.  On the other hand they are like all ccc and want you to use there product.  They dont want to waist the time and resource's for people to just sd there cards.  They might be more aggressive about it but it makes since.  Most people are not like us here on myfico and have many cards.  Since that is not how we operate we will see a lot more AA from them then the general public. 

Amex Gold / Amex Platinum / Amex Marriott Brilliant/ Amex BCP/ Capital One Venture (AU) / Capital One Savor One/ Discover / NFCU Cash Rewards / BOA Unlimited Cash Rewards / NFCU GO Rewards (AU) / Amex EDP / NFCU Flagship Rewards / Chase Freedom (AU) / Capital One QuickSilver / Citi Costco (AU) / Amex Delta
Message 16 of 28
Anonymous
Not applicable

For everyone who says "I read about this all the time"...how many other consumers are out there that never have an issue just going about their day with no concern? We are but a small group when it comes to the masses.

Personally I have no problems with Barclay...but ours is purely a business relationship and if they wish to end sooner...no big deal I signed the contract. Honestly, I'm not at all worried and I do large bal transfers and all that other "risky stuff"...but mine is a bal transfer card and that's what it's for. If I had a rewards card I wouldn't carry a bal...that's not what it's for. No worries here.
Message 17 of 28
red259
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
For everyone who says "I read about this all the time"...how many other consumers are out there that never have an issue just going about their day with no concern? We are but a small group when it comes to the masses.

Personally I have no problems with Barclay...but ours is purely a business relationship and if they wish to end sooner...no big deal I signed the contract. Honestly, I'm not at all worried and I do large bal transfers and all that other "risky stuff"...but mine is a bal transfer card and that's what it's for. If I had a rewards card I wouldn't carry a bal...that's not what it's for. No worries here.

I haven't had a problem with barclays yet. I used to run 1.5k a month through the arrival+. I downgraded to a Arrival and PIF my account. Now it is in the SD. They gave me a 4k CLI. I see stories like above and it almost seems like people end up gettting a CLD when they try to use a card after its been in the SD awhile where if they didn't try to put a charge on it the credit line would have been left alone. I'm just keeping the card for the credit util purposes. There is NO benefit for me to run charges through the card, so I am thinking my approach will be to just leave the card in the SD and not touch it at all. If I got hit with a CLD I would likely close the account. Have no time for that. 

;
Starting Score: EQ: 714, TU 684
Current Score: EQ: 725 7/30/13, TU 684 6/2013, Exp 828 5/2018, Last App 8/5/17
Goal Score: 800 (Achieved!) In garden until Sepetember 2019
Message 18 of 28
CreditMagic7
Mega Contributor

Interesting but maybe not too unexpected? Dunno.

Someone else i think is recently posted that they also had a Barclay card that had gone awhile with no usage then after using it came the hammer.

Currently i been carrying a balance (well below criteria %) on the Ring.

Guess it might be the better part of valor to just let it roll along for some months for safety sake. The APR is ok for that.

The normal practice on this end is 60-90 days then PIF. Maybe just let it report for awhile. Dunno.

Message 19 of 28
Anonymous
Not applicable

Sorry for all the trouble you are going through, hope things work out for you. 

Message 20 of 28
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.