Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Barclays AA Today

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Barclays AA Today

After finding a nice $5k auto CLI on my Chase Hyatt, I was disappointed with the $650 CLD I received from Barclays on my Frontier MasterCard. I logged in today to see it dropped from $2,500 to $1,850. I took full advantage of a 0% interest offer on my Lowes card for a kitchen remodel, so my statement cut this month with a hefty balance. I also have several other cards with balances. I was kinda expecting to see something like this out of Barclays, based on what I've read on here. It just really sucks that they cut it to the point that it's now maxed (had payments scheduled to decrease util on it to below 28% prior to the decrease). When I called, they said if I drop my overall utilization by June 2019, call and they will review my account to restore my limit without a hard pull. Just wanted to share some details of my first (and hopefully only) AA to one of my accounts.

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
HeavenOhio
Senior Contributor

Re: Barclays AA Today

I think the interesting takeaway is that Chase "liked" you and Barclays didn't. What do your balances and utilization look like?

Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Balances on 8 out of 17 cards. Utilization is currently 52% overall with highest individual being lowes at 78%. I have a budget in place to have them all below 28% by March (with the exception of Lowes).
Message 3 of 6
UpperNwGuy
Valued Contributor

How many months until you can get your balances down to zero?

Daily Carry: PenFed Power Cash • NFCU Flagship • NFCU More Rewards • Chase Freedom
Sock Drawer: PenFed Promise • NFCU cashRewards • Chase Sapphire Preferred • Chase Freedom Unlimited • United Explorer • UNFCU Azure
Message 4 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Planning by May (again, except Lowes, which I pay 2x the min payment on). I can definitely do what Barclays suggested, but planned to close them anyways. They charge an annual fee, I no longer fly with Frontier, and really no longer have use for the card. I'm just slightly miffed that they did this after I scheduled out payments to pay it down.
Message 5 of 6
xaximus
Valued Contributor

My suggestion would be to pay them down as soon as you can and PC down to a no AF card. If not needed at all, you can close it but if you can PC down, I would do that first. Lenders get spooked with a high balance quite often sometimes. There was another thread of a user here that got CLD on Amex.

Scores - All bureaus 770 +
TCL - Est. $410K
Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.