tag
ddemari
Super Contributor

Re: Barclays AA

@B335is wrote:

@ddemari wrote:

@12njoy wrote:

@ddemari wrote:
I know a lot of people have no problems with Barclays and balance transfers. But for some people like me, when AA did happen last year and it was on a card that I was paying off a 0 percent balance transfer and the balance wasn't even more than 25 limit of the card ever, it definitely resignated me that Barclays, chronic apping and balance transfers spike the red flag in them.

That sounds about right in my case.  They let me go for a long time

they especially in my experience throw it down hard on u even more when apping for another card of theirs and then take the AA on u. 

I had the balance transfer on my card for about 10 months when they slashed the limit. They are going to be cold to u for at least 12 months on the cards u have, are u sure u want to close them out 100%?

I can totally see doing that though, as I would do the same Im sure. 

Interesting point there.  I assume if 12njoy just closes the cards it will be 12 months for Barclays to let them (and me) back in?

This is just from my experience with them; approve approve approve me. Then I apply apply apply. They Slash me down then leave me alone but approve me nothing new or CLI for 12 months, then they approve me for the 4th card. 

Message 21 of 159
baller4life
Super Contributor

Sorry 12 that this happened to you too. 😠 I know you won't stress it though. Do whatever is best for you. I know I don't miss Barclays at all. Good riddance!
Message 22 of 159
12njoy
Super Contributor

It's true that there's no warning.  I just happened to be logging in to pay bills and noticed my limits were all down.  Letter to be sent.

(Formerly known as: Credit is my hobby (1.6M)/TCL objective)
___________ 12Njoy
FICO - EX 810; EQ 797; TU 804 I'm climbing back to 800+
Message 23 of 159
12njoy
Super Contributor

@baller4life wrote:
Sorry 12 that this happened to you too. 😠 I know you won't stress it though. Do whatever is best for you. I know I don't miss Barclays at all. Good riddance!

Most definitely.  They're history. 

___________ 12Njoy
Message 24 of 159
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

I knew this thread was coming!  Heck, even Ray Charles saw it coming too!  Miss Cleo did not send you a memo? lol Smiley Very Happy

Honestly, not surprised with the AA.  But, it is what it is and all you can do is move forward.  Sure, it may bite but at least you know how they operate.

At least you posted your experience for others to learn.  I think that if you had slowed down, maybe AA would've been avoided but who knows.  B335 went through it not long ago as he mentioned upthread and baller got CLD on hers too.  Mine are still intact but I will be closing Sallie Mae in a couple weeks and Travelocity in Jan/Feb (since they're converting to Arrival *meh*).  So, Hawaiian will be the lone Barclays survivor but who knows for how long.

Oh, and don't worry, your favorite person is on vacation so you won't be scorned! Smiley Very Happy

Message 25 of 159
12njoy
Super Contributor

Smiley LOL  Thanks.  I'm so glad he's on vacation Smiley LOL  He's not going to be to happy.  I'm not bummed about this at all.  I've picked myself up and off I go.  Now I'm not apping any more.  Amex may be next on the list for AA but again, I only have 20 something thousand with them also so it'll sting a little but I'll press through that as well.  Thanks for the support.

___________ 12Njoy
Message 26 of 159
Anonymous
Not applicable

With as many accounts as OP has, is it very likely that other creditors will pay very much attention to CLDs on three accounts? I wonder.

Is it firmly established that Barclaycard (or any lender) won't report CLDs that happen shortly before accounts are closed?

I know AA can happen for all sorts of reasons, but a few CLDs strike me as less attention-grabbing than aggressive credit seeking.

There's also the possibility that three accounts closed within a very short period of time would look bad to some lenders, even if marked as closed by consumer.

OP, you can also transfer the remaining limits to one card and keep that open.

Message 27 of 159
12njoy
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

With as many accounts as OP has, is it very likely that other creditors will pay very much attention to CLDs on three accounts? I wonder.

Is it firmly established that Barclaycard (or any lender) won't report CLDs that happen shortly before accounts are closed?

I know AA can happen for all sorts of reasons, but a few CLDs strike me as less attention-grabbing than aggressive credit seeking.

There's also the possibility that three accounts closed within a very short period of time would look bad to some lenders, even if marked as closed by consumer.

Thanks I've thought of that too but I'd much rather close them myself than take the risk of Barclays closing them.  My take is that losing/closing these cards will have little to no effect on my reports

___________ 12Njoy
Message 28 of 159
Anonymous
Not applicable

12njoy sorry this happened but glad you're taking it in stride and not upset Smiley Very Happy
Message 29 of 159
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:

Good points but I disagree.  I closed (voluntarily) several cards a while back while I groomed "my goods" and no AA, no issues.  I've consolidated several cards that resulted in several closures over time, nothing happened.  Honestly, 3 CLDs or closures for 12njoy will be nothing in the grand scheme of things.

Message 30 of 159
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.