Did you mean: 

Barclays AA

tag
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Barclays AA

@12njoy wrote:

@B335is wrote:

12njoy, I think you're making the right call to just close the accounts on your terms.  I know it doesn't make a difference, but I never liked seeing "closed by lender" anywhere on my reports either.  I doubt it would come to that (I'd like to think they wouldn't CLD and would just close the account), but even seeing a limit drop might raise other lenders eyebrow.  Look on the bright side you have that TD Aeroplan card I'm super jealous of Smiley Wink

Thanks B335.  It seems that anytime I post something, it turns into a great debate.  I respect everyone's opinion but in the end we make our own decisions.  You know that TD Aeroplan was some kind of fluke which I'll never understand how that happened.

And, you know what this AA did?  It screwed up the cosmic balance and ratios between you and CAPTOOL!   He's gonna be on you to fill that void with something else Smiley Very Happy   But, in all honesty, just lay low for a bit.  At the end of the day, you now your profile best.

Message 51 of 159
ddemari
Super Contributor

@redpat wrote:

@ddemari wrote:
Barclays AA on SallieMae for me I was able to get reinstated but it was a lot of phone and browsing beating me. No CLIs on any of the cards for me, hard pull always decline and never never auto. But they did instant approve me for LL BEAN visa last month.

I'm really confused now, they AA you and made you beg for reinstatement and you got another card with them.

Why?  It's not that great of a card vs what you currently have.

There is not some great logic in me getting another card with them, other than I applied and was approved because I wanted it. The rewards are nothing epic. Like 12 said, his post is for info/data point. For the people who open a card up occasionally, this type of AA will not happen to u. For some us, this type of AA is always lurking with some lenders more than others. 

but im not going to be in any financial distress if i lose these cards, therefore I want them for reasons other than needing a card. if that makes any sense. 12 knows this game, as do i. no one ever is not immediately focused on it when it happens to them, in a day or two it will be off your head, for me at least. 

Message 52 of 159
12njoy
Super Contributor

@FinStar wrote:

@12njoy wrote:

@B335is wrote:

12njoy, I think you're making the right call to just close the accounts on your terms.  I know it doesn't make a difference, but I never liked seeing "closed by lender" anywhere on my reports either.  I doubt it would come to that (I'd like to think they wouldn't CLD and would just close the account), but even seeing a limit drop might raise other lenders eyebrow.  Look on the bright side you have that TD Aeroplan card I'm super jealous of Smiley Wink

Thanks B335.  It seems that anytime I post something, it turns into a great debate.  I respect everyone's opinion but in the end we make our own decisions.  You know that TD Aeroplan was some kind of fluke which I'll never understand how that happened.

And, you know what this AA did?  It screwed up the cosmic balance and ratios between you and CAPTOOL!   He's gonna be on you to fill that void with something else Smiley Very Happy   But, in all honesty, just lay low for a bit.  At the end of the day, you now your profile best.

Agreed.  I'm DIW now.  I suspect I have to be careful now with Amex and Chase so I won't be doing anything else now that AA has finally happened to me.  You're so right

(Formerly known as: Credit is my hobby/TCL objective)
___________ 12Njoy
FICO - EX 810; EQ 797; TU 804 I'm climbing back to 800+
Message 53 of 159
12njoy
Super Contributor

@ddemari wrote:

@redpat wrote:

@ddemari wrote:
Barclays AA on SallieMae for me I was able to get reinstated but it was a lot of phone and browsing beating me. No CLIs on any of the cards for me, hard pull always decline and never never auto. But they did instant approve me for LL BEAN visa last month.

I'm really confused now, they AA you and made you beg for reinstatement and you got another card with them.

There is not some great logic in me getting another card with them, other than I applied and was approved because I wanted it. The rewards are nothing epic. Like 12 said, his post is for info/data point. For the people who open a card up occasionally, this type of AA will not happen to u. For some us, this type of AA is always lurking with some lenders more than others. 

but im not going to be in any financial distress if i lose these cards, therefore I want them for reasons other than needing a card. if that makes any sense. 12 knows this game, as do i. no one ever is not immediately focused on it when it happens to them, in a day or two it will be off your head, for me at least. 

Unfortunately, we should never be in a position to try and justify our choices, motives or desires.  You (ddemari) as I have done, made the best decision for your profile based on the information that you had/have.

___________ 12Njoy
Message 54 of 159
Anonymous
Not applicable

@12njoy wrote:

@B335is wrote:

You know your situation better than anyone else. From the onset stated that you where here to share your experience and it sucks you were pretty much asked to justify it. I get asking questions for insight but not much else. Thanks for sharing. 

Message 55 of 159
12njoy
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@12njoy wrote:

@B335is wrote:

You know your situation better than anyone else. From the onset stated that you where here to share your experience and it sucks you were pretty much asked to justify it. I get asking questions for insight but not much else. Thanks for sharing. 

Thanks and very well said

___________ 12Njoy
Message 56 of 159
lg8302ch
Senior Contributor

Sorry to hear about your AA with Barclays.  Not sure if the BT could be the reason or more when looking at your signature.... 600K+ new credit in the past 2 years ?  This is something which would concern me more. That is quite a credit extension.

Message 57 of 159
12njoy
Super Contributor

@lg8302ch wrote:

Sorry to hear about your AA with Barclays.  Not sure if the BT could be the reason or more when looking at your signature.... 600K+ new credit in the past 2 years ?  This is something which would concern me more. That is quite a credit extension.

Could be the credit extension.  Won't know until I get the letter.  It was destined to happen sooner or later as Finstar said.

___________ 12Njoy
Message 58 of 159
redpat
Senior Contributor

@12njoy wrote:

@ddemari wrote:

@redpat wrote:

@ddemari wrote:

Unfortunately, we should never be in a position to try and justify our choices, motives or desires.  You (ddemari) as I have done, made the best decision for your profile based on the information that you had/have.

Then don't put stuff on the forums that beg for questions to be asked  and comments to be made.

Personal Cards: Amex Plat | Amex Delta Res | CSR | Citi AA Exec Business Cards: Ink+ | Amex BGR
Message 59 of 159
12njoy
Super Contributor

@redpat wrote:

@12njoy wrote:

@ddemari wrote:

@redpat wrote:

@ddemari wrote:

Then don't put stuff on the forums that beg for questions to be asked  and comments to be made.

If you read you'll see I didn't beg for questions to be asked.  Comments are always welcomed.  But I'll never substitute your judgment for wisdom!

___________ 12Njoy
Message 60 of 159
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.