Valued Contributor

Barclays AA

Hi guys! I have not posted anything not in the approvals section in awhile,

but now I have a reason to break that streak. I was looking on an old

email site, that I do not use that much anymore, and found an alert from

Credit Karma. Said I had a new closed account on my Equifax

report. Go to the site and sure enough Barclays closed my Priceline rewards

card. Previously, during a very active credit card opening stretch, they CLD me

to about $1,500.00?? I posted about it around 6 months ago. Well they closed it and

left the comment "closed due to inactivity" Fair enough. I had only used it once for

a free night at a hotel when I opened it,and never since. I'm not shedding any tears

over this but am posting to share the data points and a reminder to use all your cards 

once in awhile :-) 

Cheers!

Message 1 of 15
14 REPLIES 14
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Barclays AA

Yup, it does happen and it wasn't long ago another poster shared something similar:

https://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Credit-Cards/Barclays/m-p/5849477
Message 2 of 15
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Thanks for sharingSmiley Happy. Hard to shed years for cards not usedSmiley Wink
Message 3 of 15
UH_HUH
Valued Contributor

@FinStar wrote:
Yup, it does happen and it wasn't long ago another poster shared something similar:

https://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Credit-Cards/Barclays/m-p/5849477

Thank you for sharing that link @FinStar .I'm guilty of

being lazy with my credit and not making sure all the cards are 

used at least a little. Makes me want to try a little harder.

Cheers

Message 4 of 15
UH_HUH
Valued Contributor

@AverageJoesCredit wrote:
Thanks for sharingSmiley Happy. Hard to shed years for cards not usedSmiley Wink

I dunno AJC...might miss all those BT offers in my emails ;-)

Cheers

Message 5 of 15
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Lol, thats why you use BB&T Smiley Wink
Message 6 of 15
Rudy1
Established Contributor

Thanks for reminding! I have a fingerhut card never used once and I need to buy something but everything is overpriced.

>
Goal Cards:
Message 7 of 15
stonedog23
Frequent Contributor

@Rudy1 wrote:

Thanks for reminding! I have a fingerhut card never used once and I need to buy something but everything is overpriced.

My 15 year Fingerhut card got no use since 2012 and in 2019 they threatened to close it. I bought a $7.99 long sleeved tee. 

NFCU GoRewards Sig ($40,000), NFCU Cash Rewards ($33,000), PenFed Power Cash ($25,000), FNBO Evergreen Visa ($20,000), Bread Financial Rewards Amex ($19,150), PNC Cash Rewards ($18,400), PNC Cashbuilder ($18,700) , Citi Double Cash ($9600), Discover It Cash ($9000), Walmart MC ($8000), Bank of America Unlimited Cash Rewards ($7500), Fifth Third Unlimited Cash Back Mastercard ($7500), Wells Fargo Active Cash Sig($7000), Apple Card ($6000), Amex BCE($6000), Amex ED($6600), X1 Card ($5000), PNC Points ($8000), Amex Cash Magnet($2000), Fifth Third Truly Simple ($4000), Truist Spectrum Cash Rewards($4500), Truist Bright Card($4500), CapOne Quicksilver(Bucketed @$1500), US Bank Cash+ ($5,000), US Bank Cash+ ($1,000), WF mortgage 195K Fico 8: EQ 766, TU 763, EX 753, FICO 9:EQ 829, TU 812, EX 791, AAoA-97 months, AoOA-28 years
Message 8 of 15
GApeachy
Super Contributor

@UH_HUH wrote:

Hi guys! I have not posted anything not in the approvals section in awhile,

but now I have a reason to break that streak. I was looking on an old

email site, that I do not use that much anymore, and found an alert from

Credit Karma. Said I had a new closed account on my Equifax

report. Go to the site and sure enough Barclays closed my Priceline rewards

card. Previously, during a very active credit card opening stretch, they CLD me

to about $1,500.00?? I posted about it around 6 months ago. Well they closed it and

left the comment "closed due to inactivity" Fair enough. I had only used it once for

a free night at a hotel when I opened it,and never since. I'm not shedding any tears

over this but am posting to share the data points and a reminder to use all your cards 

once in awhile :-) 

Cheers!

Glad it doesn't bother you.  Care Credit (which I did not know I had) closed mine with the same remark.  It recently fell off my report a few months ago. It must have been opened in the orthodontist office when my boys were little....a long time ago (2001).

On a different note:  Have all of your BB&T cards reported? 

My last one from mid Dec hasn't yet.  Just wondering. 

I received another offer, again, and I phoned them and asked how many duplicates can I have?  Csr said they have ppl with two of each; some more. Lol! Smiley Very Happy

Eyeing the Travel card now.  Gotta wait on that last card to report and see what it does to my reports before I make that decision.

My Take Home Pay Don't Take Me Home
Message 9 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

I never even asked for a Fingerhut account, yet it was opened and reported to CRs. They also kept threatening me of closure if i didn't use it.

So I didn't, and finally after a whole year they closed it. Never even looked back.

Message 10 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.