Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Barclays APPLE visa PC?

tag
scorpiostinger07
Regular Contributor

Barclays APPLE visa PC?

I currently have a Barclays Visa that I got Instant approval for on Jan 5th. I purchased the IPAD 4 and im going to pay the balance off on Friday. With the current intrest rate the card will basicly be a PIF card which im ok with. I really want the NFL card and was wondering if I apply and get denied will they allow me to cancel the apple card and transfer the CL over to a new NFL card?

Thanks

Starting Score: 433
Current Score: 700
Goal Score: 750

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 1 of 24
23 REPLIES 23
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Barclays APPLE visa PC?

@scorpiostinger07 wrote:

I currently have a Barclays Visa that I got Instant approval for on Jan 5th. I purchased the IPAD 4 and im going to pay the balance off on Friday. With the current intrest rate the card will basicly be a PIF card which im ok with. I really want the NFL card and was wondering if I apply and get denied will they allow me to cancel the apple card and transfer the CL over to a new NFL card?

Thanks

Generally, you will have no problems.

While they do not usually do straight product changes when it involves a co-branded card, if you take the hit and apply for a new card they will let you close out the old one and shift the credit limit to the new.

Message 2 of 24
scorpiostinger07
Regular Contributor

Ok cool...Thanks for your help. I guess I will app and see what happends.

Message 3 of 24
TiggerDat
Valued Contributor

I had a strange issue with Barclays.  I got the financing card, thinking I was going to buy an Apple and then decided not to.  I then asked if I could PC and they said yes and even if you are declined then you can PC.  Well I got the 7-10 day message so I called them to recon it.  They told me that they would not open the Rewards card and in fact they were going to close the Apple card.  I was like, 'what?'  They were like, 'Yup! Too many new accounts.'  I pointed out that even with the new accounts that I was not abusing them, nor had I even used the Apple card.  We went around for a bit as I escalated it up and that person was very much leave me alone and the answer is NO.  I demanded to speak with the manager, who was not available because she did not have a headset.  I said no problem, simply get her and give her yours.  I got put on hold finally and then the lady came back and told me they would open the account but would not give me as high a credit limit as before.  They told me I could have $1500 and then gave me $750 and I had to call back about that later to get it to the $1500.  So be careful when you try this with Barclays, you might get it it and you might get something you don't expect. 

It is by will alone I set my mind in motion.....
Always follow these rules: Only take a HP for a new account. Always use the best rewards card for that reward category. Don't close a card unless you know you really should. Never use more than 35% of a credit limit. Recon as much and as best you can. Use the introductory period to the best advantage. Get the signup bonus. Whenever possible PIF or balance transfer so you pay less in interest. Never give an excellent rating when it is actually the norm. Always look for a discount as more is always better.
Always accept candy from strangers because they have the best candy or from people you know have good candy.
Message 4 of 24
scorpiostinger07
Regular Contributor

Thats exactly what I'm affraid of. lol

Message 5 of 24
scorpiostinger07
Regular Contributor

How many new accounts? I have 2 since I got the apple card in Jan.

Message 6 of 24
TiggerDat
Valued Contributor

@scorpiostinger07 wrote:

How many new accounts? I have 2 since I got the apple card in Jan.

I think it was the Walmart, Belks, and Marathon Visa, so 3.  I wouldn't have had any issues I think if I had waited 6 months, but others have said they can be a little leery when it comes to new accounts.  I tend to app for about 4 each time I go on a spree, so that would be about right.  My strategy is to go for the ones I really want and some I know I will get.  Eventually I want to start closing down some of the lesser accounts.

Always follow these rules: Only take a HP for a new account. Always use the best rewards card for that reward category. Don't close a card unless you know you really should. Never use more than 35% of a credit limit. Recon as much and as best you can. Use the introductory period to the best advantage. Get the signup bonus. Whenever possible PIF or balance transfer so you pay less in interest. Never give an excellent rating when it is actually the norm. Always look for a discount as more is always better.
Always accept candy from strangers because they have the best candy or from people you know have good candy.
Message 7 of 24
aussiesareforever
Established Contributor

Definitely don't tempt Barclay if you have recent accounts. They will shut you down if you give them a reason to review your credit report

BK in January 2008---Barclay's Apple Financing Card ($10,000) --- Capital One Quicksilver ($13,000)--- Platinum Delta Skymiles ($35,000) --- GEMB CareCredit ($10,000) --- AUFCU ($10000)---Discover IT ($33,000)

Experian 835 Transunion 828-- August 2018
Message 8 of 24
TiggerDat
Valued Contributor

@aussiesareforever wrote:

Definitely don't tempt Barclay if you have recent accounts. They will shut you down if you give them a reason to review your credit report

Yeah, that's the word on the street.

Message 9 of 24
LS2982
Mega Contributor

They will let you teansfer the apple limit as long as they approve you for the nfl card.

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 10 of 24
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.