cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Barclays American Airlines Aviator Credit Card Changes (Updated)

tag
800FICOGoal
Established Contributor

Re: Barclays American Airlines Aviator Credit Card Changes (Updated)

@Saleen099 wrote:
  • Anniversary companion certificate. Get a companion certificate for 2 guests for $99 (plus taxes and fees) after account anniversary & $20,000 in spend within the previous card member year. This is not a new benefit, but the spend requirement has been reduced from $30,000 to $20,000.

I have a new girlfriend so maybe that could come in handy... depending on the small print.

@Saleen099 wrote:
  • Up to $25 daily statement credit for in-flight food and beverage purchases on American Airlines operated flights. (This replaces the current benefit of 25% back).

This could actually be useful. If it works like everyone says, I could make back the fee in a month or two. Is there a limit to this?

@Saleen099 wrote:

The following benefits are being removed:

• 10% rebate on miles redeemed up to 10,000 miles per calendar year.

This really sucks. I really looked forward to the rebate on my J award tickets. 

Rebuild Cards

Goal Cards

Loans
Message 11 of 12
Peteyglad
Established Contributor

Re: Barclays American Airlines Aviator Credit Card Changes (Updated)

@Shadowfactor wrote:

@Peteyglad wrote:

I have the Red and overalll not a fan of the change. 

I wouldn’t be either. The 10% rebate was the only real reason this card was worth having. 

That was one of the perks I really did like and use. Made getting to the next flight that much easier. While the companion pass is not terrible, I highly doubt I will spend $20,000 on this card. Would depend on the fine print.

Chase Sapphire Preferred 20k | Amex Delta Platinum 20k | Amex Hilton Aspire 20k | US Bank Cash+ 25k | Chase Amazon Prime 25k | Barclaycard Aviator Red 40k | Bank of America Alaska Airlines 42k | Chase Marriott 50k | Discover It 50.3k | Amex EDP 52k | Citi Thank You Premier 56K | Bank of America BBR 57.9k
Message 12 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.