cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Barclays Annual Summary...How much did you spend?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Barclays Annual Summary...How much did you spend?

@Anonymous wrote:

@joltdude wrote:

@pizza1 wrote:

@FinStar wrote:
Agree. What's not broke, don't fix. My memory is foggy but I remember when you switched/PC'd. Definitely keep it open since they're pretty flexible when it comes to reallocations and SP CLIs (when applicable).

I closed mine and rolled the CL onto the Hawaiian CC. I have 4 CCs with them now...don't judge me 😜

LOL..Im the last person here that would juge anyone...even the poster that opened 17 store cards in like one month, LOL..Smiley Wink

I still wonder how that turned out with DaisyMC,  shes been gone for at least a year. Still think she tried coming back under other userids....

Not to be sadistic but i really want to know how that turned out... may have surprised us with it working...... id like to know the end of the story... or the new beginnings with a boatload of prime cards...

-J

I really wanted to help her. I felt like I connected with her, but I think she was determined to do what she was going to do. I hope she's doing well.

Exactly! And combative to anyone who said/knew better. 

Message 21 of 32
lexrjSD
Regular Contributor

@Time2letgo wrote:

Barclaycard Annual Spend.PNG

This got me about $600 in rewards Smiley Happy

I'm curious, how did you get $600 out of $9k? At 2% rewards it would be around $184 bucks....

WALLET: Amex BCP 25K | Barclay Arrival Plus 27K | Chase Reserve 20K |
Amex SimplyCash 50K

FICO: EX 812 | EQ 815 | TU 815
Message 22 of 32
HeavenOhio
Senior Contributor

Sign-up bonus?

Message 23 of 32
Anonymous
Not applicable

Wow! 17 store cards 🤔 How do you fix a situation like that?
Message 24 of 32
joltdude
Senior Contributor

With 17+ cards.. most were store cards... and most had toy limits...  What you do is stop apping when people told you so earlier...

Don't poke any bears and be responsible and hopefully you wont be AA'ed... For the most part, the only remedy for her situation would have been TIME and being responsible.. Folks tried to talk her off the cliff.. but she "knew better" than the myfico crowd.. to heck with HPs and doing what folks suggested.... Did hope that if it didnt go according to her plan, she would have matured and come back and for the most part. I think folks would try to help her out of her situation but would be like.. You have to listen ... 

http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Credit-Cards/Less-than-7-months-in-the-credit-world-with-nearly-17-c...

http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Credit-Cards/UPDATE-Girl-with-17-credit-cards/td-p/4756241

Message 25 of 32
pipeguy
Senior Contributor

Barclays2017.JPG

Message 26 of 32
Anonymous
Not applicable

That was an interesting thread to read. There’s was a lot of great advice given, you all defintly tried to help her. Hopefully she’s wised up some by now, but it may take some time before she realizes better. She was a little stubborn, lol.  

Message 27 of 32
Saleen099
Senior Contributor

Are we allowed to change the title to what you spent with Chase and Citibank last year? NOOOOOO Saleen099

Message 28 of 32
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

Suprised some people had that much spend to be honest on their Barclay's card was expecting more of around the 1k range some suprising spend as I got the AA card simply for the bonus from them and see no value beyond that and the Uber card I got for being a good card overall, but with the CSR in my wallet and Freedom at least for a quarter the uber card is still not quite the level of the CSR by any stretch, but for a no AF card it is a very very good card, but well it is with barclay's lol..  That card this year will probably have a few k on it by years end, but most will goto csr where obviosuly the spend is well into the 5 digits

Message 29 of 32
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@CreditCuriousity wrote:

Suprised some people had that much spend to be honest on their Barclay's card was expecting more of around the 1k range some suprising spend as I got the AA card simply for the bonus from them and see no value beyond that and the Uber card I got for being a good card overall, but with the CSR in my wallet and Freedom at least for a quarter the uber card is still not quite the level of the CSR by any stretch, but for a no AF card it is a very very good card, but well it is with barclay's lol..  That card this year will probably have a few k on it by years end, but most will goto csr where obviosuly the spend is well into the 5 digits

I think an item to keep in perspective is that in the grand scheme of things, it's business as usual outside of these forums for folks who think or experience nothing relative as far as AA from Barclays.  This forum, along with other outliers, represent a very small percentage of all Barclay cardholders (US-based ones).  For me, there's value in the AA Silver card (paired with the AA Executive), and not to mention, a no brainer on the Aviator 60,000 miles SUB (initially offered as 50K but matched).

Despite how much dislike for their AA practices (or lack of growth or hypersensitivity) most people here regard Barclays or egos get bruised, other folks find value on their products whether it's Ring, Aviator, JetBlue, Hawaiian, etc.  Not all their products are perfect or suitable for everyone, of course.  We've seen the nerfing across the spectrum (Sallie Mae, Arrival, etc.).  At the end of the day, they're a bank and expected to manage risk.  That's the beauty of diversification and choices.

Message 30 of 32
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.