Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Barclays Apple Rewards Card - Keep or Cancel

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Barclays Apple Rewards Card - Keep or Cancel

Greetings!

Looking for some advice, I have a Barclays Apple Rewards card I have just recently paid off, I purchased an Apple Watch and used the deferred interest promotion.

Does this card offer such deals for existing card hold members? My initial plan was to cancel the card once I pay it off so that I would be eligible in the future for promotional offers with no interest.

I appreciate any feedback on this!
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Np1791
Frequent Contributor

Re: Barclays Apple Rewards Card - Keep or Cancel

I believe you get 0 apr offers every time you shop over a certain amount at apple specifically.
As of 11/28/2018
Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Okay great. I was hoping there would be something like this. I appreciate the information.

Thank you!
Message 3 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

That’s correct.  I bought a second MBP a year after my first purchase where I received a promo offer.  I called Barclays and they set it up so that all Apple purchases made for 60 days would accumulate and the total would then be placed on deferred interest financing.  

No no need to cancel the card, but you have to call Barclays if you want the 60 day accumulation option.

Message 4 of 6
Life_take2
Contributor

Sometimes, offers will appear in your account also like below, but if not, I would call. Pretty easy to have them do again and again.  Just ask my iPad, my iPhone, my Watch, my AppleTV... goes off wondering if they have a local chapter of Apple-olics anonymous Smiley Embarassed

apple.png 

BK7 -9/15 Starting EQ-571 | TU-528 | EX-572 ---> Feb'24- Fico8: EQ-756 | TU-759| EX-751 Fico9: EQ-804 | TU-813 | EX-806

Amazon Store 10,000 * Apple Card-GS 12,000 * Barclay View 11,400 * Citi Costco Visa 8,100 * * Citi BB Visa 10,000 * Discover 8,100 * Discover Miles 14,500 * Eddie Bauer 4,000 * Home Depot 10,000 * HSN 10,000 * Kohls 3,000 * NFCU Flagship 30,000 * NFCU AMEX 25,000 * PenFed Gold 12,500 * Sam's Club MC 15,000 *Wells Fargo Platinum 1,100 * Wells Fargo Autograph 20,000 *
Total CL $204,700
Util% >1% AAOA: 62 Mo

Message 5 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Nice! Great information to everyone replying. I am going to hold on to this card, just in case I decide to make another Apple purchase!
Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.