Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Barclays Arrival Plus SUB question

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Barclays Arrival Plus SUB question

I just passed $5k in spend on My Barclays Arrival+ and I've only had it a month. My question is, do I get my welcome bonus soon after I hit the minimum spend and do I need to wait the full 90 days to see it hit?

Second. One of the purchases on that card was a $1k Computer monitor. It arrived broken, and so I went out and bought another one (but on another credit card) while beginning the process to return the broken one.

If I return that purchase AFTER I receive my points will Barlcays freak out? What are they likely to do?

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
wasCB14
Super Contributor

Re: Barclays Arrival Plus SUB question

I don't know what they'll do, but you might want to exceed $5k in net spending (maybe $6k or $7k) in case you need to return anything else. You can always call customer service and (hopefully, eventually) sort the points out, but you won't be able to go back to the first 90 days.

Personal spend: Amex Gold, Amex Schwab Plat., BofA PR+CCR(x2), Costco
Business use: Amex Bus. Plat., BBP, Lowes Amex AU, CFU AU
Perks: Delta Plat., United Explorer, IHG49, Hyatt, "Old SPG"
Mostly SD: Freedom Flex, Freedom, Arrival
Upgrade/Downgrade games: ED, BCE
SUB chasing: AA Platinum Select
Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Oh wow, I just realized that Barclays awarded the points immediately. And it looks like they awarded me the bonus as soon as I made the purchase that put me over $5k. So on my transactions activity it shows me getting 70,196 miles for a $98 purchase. COOL!

Message 3 of 5
paulesport
Contributor

I just got my Barclay Arrival Plus SUB, and it came through in my next statement.
personal
biz

Start 1/1/19
Best 11/15/21
Current rebuild

Message 4 of 5
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:

Oh wow, I just realized that Barclays awarded the points immediately. And it looks like they awarded me the bonus as soon as I made the purchase that put me over $5k. So on my transactions activity it shows me getting 70,196 miles for a $98 purchase. COOL!

As suggested I would put 1-2K more on it as if the refund comes through after the 90 days and you dont meet the minimum spend for the bonus they will take it back.

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.