Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Barclays Arrival Premier Rumor

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Barclays Arrival Premier Rumor

@wasCB14wrote:

Assuming all the speculation and leaks of thus far have been correct...

...have any of these bloggers' sources actually said all the transfers will be 1:1?

1 point : 1 AA mile is very different than 2 points : 1 AA mile, and an earn rate of 2.1 + 1 = 3.1x AA miles (assuming you spend exactly $15k or $25k) is a little hard to believe.

I think that's a great question. What is the value of a typical AA mile? 1.4 cents. 

If it's 1.4 cents, I could see a 1000 card points equaling 800 AA miles or something like that to try to get the redemption rate to 1 cent per point redeemed, similar to what AMEX and Citi do with Jet Blue. 

Message 21 of 111
Anonymous
Not applicable

Man, now I have to figure what to do, if anything, with my Arrival+.  My AF hits 03/31, do I keep it?  Got denied for the Aviator, so now I have to decide-- do I PC it if I can with this card? Close it?  AA is my home airport, guess I'll just have to wait and see.  

Message 22 of 111
wasCB14
Super Contributor

@Anonymouswrote:

Man, now I have to figure what to do, if anything, with my Arrival+.  My AF hits 03/31, do I keep it?  Got denied for the Aviator, so now I have to decide-- do I PC it if I can with this card? Close it?  AA is my home airport, guess I'll just have to wait and see.  

Maybe see if you can PC to the no-AF Arrival, then later do a "two level upgrade" PC to Premier?

If the card offers a nice new account bonus, you can always close Arrival later.

Personal spend: Amex Gold, Amex Schwab Plat., BofA PR+CCR(x2), Costco
Business use: Amex Bus. Plat., BBP, Lowes Amex AU, CFU AU
Perks: Delta Plat., United Explorer, IHG49, Hyatt, "Old SPG"
Mostly SD: Freedom Flex, Freedom, Arrival
Upgrade/Downgrade games: ED, BCE
SUB chasing: AA Platinum Select
Message 23 of 111
Anonymous
Not applicable

I was thinking about possible sign-up bonuses, but since I was denied the Aviator, don't know if I would qualify for that either.  Hmm, have to wait and see how it all shakes out I guess.

Message 24 of 111
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymouswrote:

I'm keeping mine Smiley Happy

Message 25 of 111
Anonymous
Not applicable

Just got my letter yesterday re: my Aviator denial.  Too many new accounts in the last 24 months.  They doing 5/24 now!  LOL

Message 26 of 111
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymouswrote:

Just got my letter yesterday re: my Aviator denial.  Too many new accounts in the last 24 months.  They doing 5/24 now!  LOL

Right? lol - are you going to recon? Maybe move some CL from another Barclay if you have any.  I did that for my Uber Visa.

Message 27 of 111
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymouswrote:

I guess I am lucky I got my his n hers Aviators last year.

Message 28 of 111
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymouswrote:

@Anonymouswrote:

I guess I am lucky I got my his n hers Aviators last year.

Same.  Easy miles for the two of us at the time

Message 29 of 111
Saleen099
Senior Contributor

Message 30 of 111
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.