Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Barclays Arrival

tag
Beckhsrules
Frequent Contributor

Barclays Arrival

I was approved for the card last night and got a email this morning with the normal welcome message and card will arrive within 7-10 days. Can anyone confirm me how long does it take for the card to arrive in my mailbox. Too excited on starting using the card since it is the third time I applied for this card Smiley Happy 

AAoA: 1 yr 3 mo | FICO Scores: EX: 720, TU: 724, EQ: 705 | Inq: EX: 13, EQ: 8, TU: 7 | GARDENING AS OF 3/13/2017
Message 1 of 14
13 REPLIES 13
CraigHwk
Regular Contributor

Re: Barclays Arrival

About 7 to 10 days. Smiley Happy

USAA MC ✪ Amex BCP, SPG, Platinum ✪ Chase Sapphire Preferred, Freedom, Freedom Unlimited, Marriott Rewards, United Explorer ✪ Discover IT ✪ CapOne QS ✪ Fidelity Visa ✪ BarclaysPlatinum Rewards ✪ Citi Double Cash

Starting EX FICO (2010): 513 | Current FICO: EX 759, EQ: 773, TU: 761
Message 2 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats on the approval. It will take exactly that - 7-10 days but you can call and have it rush delivered for a small fee.  I think $15 for rush delivery.

Message 3 of 14
Beckhsrules
Frequent Contributor

Arrg 1 week gone in my time to meet the minimum spend. I didnt want to pay 15$ for the rush delivery else would have opted for the same at the time of application itself Smiley Tongue Is there any way they waive off the charge.

AAoA: 1 yr 3 mo | FICO Scores: EX: 720, TU: 724, EQ: 705 | Inq: EX: 13, EQ: 8, TU: 7 | GARDENING AS OF 3/13/2017
Message 4 of 14
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Congrats on the approval. It will take exactly that - 7-10 days but you can call and have it rush delivered for a small fee.  I think $15 for rush delivery.

Yes, probably has no impact but I really don't want to encourage issuers to charge for rush delivery (they should want you to start using the card just as much as you do) so if you can wait, do so!

Message 5 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

@longtimelurker wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Yes, probably has no impact but I really don't want to encourage issuers to charge for rush delivery (they should want you to start using the card just as much as you do) so if you can wait, do so!

Agreed..  I don't know why Barclays charges for that though. I can't comprehend it really.  OP, if you can wait then I suggest you do that.

Message 6 of 14
Beckhsrules
Frequent Contributor

Four days since approval and the card has not arrived yet . Arrrrggg. Why can't they ship it overnight atleast for the Arrival Plus which is their prime card.

Message 7 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Yup the fee is $15. I just got approved for the card yesterday myself and have to wait for that 7-10 days. Smiley Happy

Too bad they're not like Chase who rush delivers it for free. I figure i'm not going to pay $15 to rush a no-AF card.

Message 8 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

Mine was 10 business days, added AU's and it has been 8 business days so far and no card yet for them. It can be maddening waiting so long.

Message 9 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

As others have mentioned, they're not overestimating the 7-10 business days time.

All the cards I've received from them have taken a minimum of a week to arrive in the mail, which seems like forever. We've been spoiled by the higher end Chase, Citi, and AMEX cards. I always get those like in 2-3 days, usually overnighted in the case of Chase.

Message 10 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.