Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Barclays Arrival

tag
corymcd88
Valued Contributor

Barclays Arrival

Is the Barclays Arrival card a thing of the past? It is not on the website any longer and when I called Barclays they told me the card is going away.

Message 1 of 50
49 REPLIES 49
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Barclays Arrival

I'm a bit confused. If you called Barclay and someone confirmed the card will no longer be available doesn't that answer your question? 😐
Message 2 of 50
Anonymous
Not applicable

OP is in denial.. lol. accordance comes soon..... not before bargaining though
Message 3 of 50
corymcd88
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
I'm a bit confused. If you called Barclay and someone confirmed the card will no longer be available doesn't that answer your question?😐

Some people have said that you can still get the account.

Message 4 of 50
Anonymous
Not applicable

Got it
Message 5 of 50
Skye12329
Valued Contributor

@corymcd88 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:
I'm a bit confused. If you called Barclay and someone confirmed the card will no longer be available doesn't that answer your question?😐

Some people have said that you can still get the account.

I tried googling it and its not on their like main website but if you google Arrival + you can still apply for it. I saw another thread on here that they are possibly revamping it. 

BK7 - 2/21
Cap1 QS - 2k (4/21)
Mission Lane - 4k (11/21)
Venmo - 900 (11/21)
SavorOne - 2500 (12/21)
VentureOne - 2000 (7/22)
Message 6 of 50
corymcd88
Valued Contributor

I have a Barclays card that I got in Jan 2015 and was looking for one more card and I have heard a lot of good things about this card.

Message 7 of 50
Dw4250
Valued Contributor

Arrival had a great sign up bonus.  But the AF is relatively high, and you really need a high spend rate to justify what is basically a 2.2% cash back card.  

My plan for my Arrival+ is to try to get the CL as high as possible through SP requests every couple fo months until the next AF is due, then close it and roll the limit to my Sallie Mae.

Message 8 of 50
noobody
Established Contributor

Since when you can request SP CLI on barclay and why you need super high CL on such low CAP Sallie Mae?
EX819 1HP|TU797 1HP| EQ(Fico8 BankCard)841
Message 9 of 50
Dw4250
Valued Contributor

@noobody wrote:
Since when you can request SP CLI on barclay and why you need super high CL on such low CAP Sallie Mae?

If you call into CSR you can ask if they have any interest rate reductions and/or CLI offers on file for you.  They will transfer you to their retention dept who will review your file to see if you have offers available.  Be sure to specify you want a SP.  They will either tell you you have an offer or not.  There are many threads on the forum talking about how to do this...

As far as moving the CL to Sallie Mae, there is no real advantage in terms of rewards.  However I would be closing a card I do not use often (and has an $89 AF) while retaining its CL for future UTL purposes.  A Sallie Mae with a $15 K limit is better than a Sallie Mae with a $6k limit! Smiley Wink

Message 10 of 50
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.