Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Barclays Backdoor Success

tag
withaspark
Contributor

Barclays Backdoor Success

Long time student, first time contributing.

I just wanted to take a quick second to thank the community for all of your help--you've been an invaluable resource in establishing a credit profile I can be proud of...and I've got a long road ahead at 25 years old. Thank you all.

Today I called the number listed in the backdoor numbers thread for Barclays: 866-408-4064 (Credit Analyst), and immediately spoke with an incredibly helpful analyst. After verifying income and employment and explaining why I had opened credit accounts with most every major CCC over the last 2 years, I was approved for the US Airways Prem World MC I had applied for 1/27...the limit ties my lowest limit at only $5k...but I'm very appreciative. At least it gives me the chance to prove the good history they see on my report and begin establishing another banking relationship for the future.

So, being Barclays, I guess I'm done apping for at least 6 months--which won't be hard as I have literally 50 times the credit I could ever use in a month. Thank you again!

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
youngandcreditwrthy
Senior Contributor

Re: Barclays Backdoor Success

Congrats!!! My Barclay's Trav Amex has served me well! Im a student too and wound up with a $6500 approval on recon! Barclay's likes to do auto clis at 6 or 7 mos too!!
:-)
Marriott PR$25k | BCE $24.5K |BankAmericard Visa $25k| BOA Better Bal $17.5k |Wmt Discover $12.5k | BR Visa $17.5k | Amex Delta Gold $10k | Discover IT $10k | Paypal Extras MC $15k | Amazon Store $10k|Smile Gen $7.25k | Dillard's $10k | West Elm $4k| Express $3.05K | Mypoints.com Visa $4.5k | Freedom Visa $1k| Amex Surpass $1k
Message 2 of 3
dtjones052209
Regular Contributor

Re: Barclays Backdoor Success

Congrats!

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.