Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Barclays Bank and Priceline Visa

tag
MrShush
Valued Contributor

Barclays Bank and Priceline Visa

So I booked a trip last week on priceline and now I'm getting emails about being prequalified for a Visa. Does anyone know how close to a preapproval this is? Who they pull most often? I think I remember reading they are big TU pullers and I'm in suburban Philly.

Message 1 of 44
43 REPLIES 43
MidnightVoice
Super Contributor

Re: Barclays Bank and Priceline Visa

TTBOMK Barclays tends to pull TU.

I have had no problem with them, and have been given CLIs both by asking (no pull) and auto

The slide from grace is really more like gliding
And I've found the trick is not to stop the sliding
But to find a graceful way of staying slid
Message 2 of 44
Anonymous
Not applicable

Barclays pulls TU.. I have both Priceline Visa and Baclays Visa with Itunes rewards..  Both pulled TU..   MY TU score: 696

Message 3 of 44
crosbyk1
Frequent Contributor

I also just got the us airways card. They pulled TU for me and was fast online approval.

Starting Score: 744
Current Score: 744
Goal Score: 800

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 4 of 44
ngerasimatos
Valued Contributor

great bank, and they have a great recon team as well. if your scores are good to great (680 and up) i would not worry about pulling the trigger on that, assuming you dont have many recent inq as well. they hate lots of recent inq showing. i applied and was declined for the Barclay apple card, called in to the recon team and the denial was overturned. i have nothing but great things to say about barclays.

Try not to become a man of success but rather to become a man of value
Albert Einstein 1879 - 1955

800+ Club
Message 5 of 44
MrShush
Valued Contributor

I have only 2 inquiries on TU and a 732. I was just declined for a USAA AMEX so I swore off new apps...

Message 6 of 44
Jazzzy
Valued Contributor

@MrShush wrote:

I have only 2 inquiries on TU and a 732. I was just declined for a USAA AMEX so I swore off new apps...

Hi MrShush...what reason did they give you?

Message 7 of 44
MrShush
Valued Contributor

USAA? Too many inquiries was the reason. I called for recon but the CSR said no. I tried to explain 3 of the 6 EQ has listed were from my employer (a bank) but she wasn't going to budge.

Message 8 of 44
MrShush
Valued Contributor

Cr@p!!! I said I wouldn't but I did Smiley Sad Instant approval for $6300 and their lowest (ha) rate of 13.24%

Message 9 of 44
ngerasimatos
Valued Contributor

Is that bad?

Try not to become a man of success but rather to become a man of value
Albert Einstein 1879 - 1955

800+ Club
Message 10 of 44
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.