Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Barclays CC

tag
kd081708
Regular Contributor

Barclays CC

Does anyone know how accurate the Barclays FICO score is? It says its a FICO score but its about 16 points higher than any of my other FICO scores. Thanks!

Starting Score: EQ 450 EX 498 TU 470
Current Score:
EQ 574 EX 581 TU 572 Barclay 596 Merrick 612
Goal Score:
600 all by 06/30/2014

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Valued Contributor

Re: Barclays CC

fairly accurate, its tu08 the model your looking  at might be 04

Message 2 of 5
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

@kd081708 wrote:

Does anyone know how accurate the Barclays FICO score is? It says its a FICO score but its about 16 points higher than any of my other FICO scores. Thanks!

Barclays, Walmart & Discover all give the same score its FICO 08. It is a valid score that lenders do see.

Message 3 of 5
kd081708
Regular Contributor

Thanks for the fast responses! Anything is better than where Im at know so that gives me some optimism. It says Im at 598 so only 2 to go to reach my goal score for the short-term. I just added some new accounts so Im assuming it may dip and then go back up. However, I have had two new accounts added to me credit file and my scores went up about 20 points in 3 days!!!!

Starting Score: EQ 450 EX 498 TU 470
Current Score:
EQ 574 EX 581 TU 572 Barclay 596 Merrick 612
Goal Score:
600 all by 06/30/2014

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

@kd081708 wrote:

Thanks for the fast responses! Anything is better than where Im at know so that gives me some optimism. It says Im at 598 so only 2 to go to reach my goal score for the short-term. I just added some new accounts so Im assuming it may dip and then go back up. However, I have had two new accounts added to me credit file and my scores went up about 20 points in 3 days!!!!

you should keep in mind that depending on what your applying for that score could vary greatly. mine literalyl varies 100 points bewteen cc enhanced and auto

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.