Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Barclays CLD in 3-2-1...

tag
visorboy1974
Valued Contributor

Barclays CLD in 3-2-1...

Ever since I transferred some balances to take care of Barclays promotional 0% rate late last year, they have decided to balance chase me.  Transferred $8000 of debt over to the card and by the next statement, my CL went from $12.5K to $8.5K.  Totally pissed off, so I decided to make little more than the min payment and use the card maybe once or twice a month.  Lo and behold, as soon as my balance went under $7K, boom, CLD to $7.5K.  Statement cut last night...let's see if they decide to CLD me again.  

6 figures in available credit.  Stop treating me like a massive credit risk!         

FICO Scores Updated 07/15 EQ08 748 EX08 748 TU08 818
Message 1 of 28
27 REPLIES 27
Leadberry
Established Contributor

Re: Barclays CLD in 3-2-1...

@visorboy1974 wrote:

Ever since I transferred some balances to take care of Barclays promotional 0% rate late last year, they have decided to balance chase me.  Transferred $8000 of debt over to the card and by the next statement, my CL went from $12.5K to $8.5K.  Totally pissed off, so I decided to make little more than the min payment and use the card maybe once or twice a month.  Lo and behold, as soon as my balance went under $7K, boom, CLD to $7.5K.  Statement cut last night...let's see if they decide to CLD me again.  

Have you tried calling them to have your original CL reinstated?

FICO Scores 800+
Message 2 of 28
CreditMagic7
Mega Contributor

There's another thread here with Barclay's backers who refuse to accept that this sort of AA of active Barclay's cardholders does indeed happen and go as far as saying there's no proof of it.

I challenge them to read this topic for themselves and then defend their statements on it.

Sorry that this happened to you and is a shame that Barclay's is so disruptive in their practice of upsetting customers in this manner more times then not.

Member's who weigh in with their own similar experiences like this who vent their frustrations about that practice are dismissed as Barclay's badgers, but FACTS speak for theirselves AFAIK.
Message 3 of 28
baller4life
Super Contributor

Sir Barclays strikes again. It's true CreditMagic7. Many here are in denial about Barclays and how fickle they are. I have seen tooooo many stories like this. So as they watch me, I will definitely be keeping my eye on them as well!! Smiley Wink
Message 4 of 28
visorboy1974
Valued Contributor

@Leadberry wrote:

@visorboy1974 wrote:

Have you tried calling them to have your original CL reinstated?

I did it when they lowered me to $8.5K.  They read from a script that they felt my limit was sufficient at this time blah blah blah.  At this time, I'm going to take my yearly bonus (which is paid in the next couple of weeks) and pay it down to $0 and see if they either close it or CLD me further.  If nothing, I'll ask to reinstate the $12.5K again.  If any AA happens, I'm just going to close it.  I have 9 other creditors that like my business.  The card gets me 2 pts/$1 spent on travel and 1 pt on everything else.  I fly United 90% of the time so the 2 miles/dollar for United flights on the United CC I get can be converted to statement credits.               

Message 5 of 28
visorboy1974
Valued Contributor

I guess they didn't like me transferring my debt on other cards to their card.  If that's the case, why the heck are you sending me BT offers?!?!?!?!

They're my oldest TL...that said, I don't care anymore.  

Message 6 of 28
Involver
Valued Contributor

Yeah I can see that happening honestly with a BT between two accounts with the same bank. Sorry though, still sucks.
Message 7 of 28
Involver
Valued Contributor

Oh wait sorry misread that, my bad.
Message 8 of 28
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

Yup, not a fan of them... My partners was CLD at like month 2!!!

Message 9 of 28
CreditMagic7
Mega Contributor

The OP was in 100% compliance to the terms Barclay's offered him without question. It's completely unethical IMHO. And to coin an analogy, to pull the rug right out from under OP only because he simply performed an industry accepted balance transfer offer is a clear indicator of Barclay's shady practices of potentially putting his CR standing at risk.
Barclay's so called policy guidelines obviously unfairly crosses the line in continuing to conduct this sort of practice. At the very least if they were any sort of responsible bank for their customers to have respect for, they could easily have called OP and made discussion over their so-called risk assessment concerns but not just blindly CLD repeatedly so long as he is been meeting his requirements of timely payments.

Message 10 of 28
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.