Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Barclays CLD

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Barclays CLD

Checked my account right now. Open 6 mo, SL $2k. Now it is $500.

Guess they didn't like my Amex, Chase, and US Bank card approvals.

I wrote them and told them to reconsider or close my account. Ridiculous. I have a FICO of over 125 higher than it was at approval. I have always PIF. I have no negatives. I never use the card so maybe that's it. Not even that upset because as I said I don't use it. But it is the principle that pisses me off. Way to reward your customers for improving their credit and establishing good history with your company.

No thanks.
Message 1 of 62
61 REPLIES 61
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Barclays CLD

ETA: I have a zero balance so wondering why they didn't just shut me down completely.

Don't need em-Don't want em.
Can't wait to read their reply.
Message 2 of 62
Anonymous
Not applicable

I can't stand Barclay. They did that to me once because I used to too much one month with good history so I said screw it and canceled it lol. Was a NFL ATL Falcons card.
Message 3 of 62
Gmood1
Super Contributor

I'd call them and tell them to close it. Barclays is a small fish in a sea of lenders just salvating to get your swipe fees and interest payments. I dropped these fools more than six months ago and never looked back.
Message 4 of 62
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm almost glad except for the loss of limits for Util purposes. Not that I ever keep a balance that would cause my utilization to go above maybe 2%.... but it just makes me mad that my score, history, credit in general is so much better since opening it and then they CLD me? I will wait to see how they reply and unless I get something in writing I will call. I don't want it to say "closed by grantor" because they didn't... I chose to close it after they CLD me. But I can see them doing that.
Message 5 of 62
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have been reading about them doing this to lots of people except usually they CLD them to just above whatever balance they have on their card... so they are like 90% utilized. What jerks. I'm happy I didn't have a balance
Message 6 of 62
elim
Senior Contributor

have always PIF. I never use the card

bingo

Message 7 of 62
Anonymous
Not applicable

Sorry to hear this. My experience with Barclays includes a Juno Mastercard with a $1,200 CL and 7.9% fixed Apr. Lack of use a CLD to $500. Told them to close the card and go take a jump. Inactivity I guess.
Message 8 of 62
Steelersboy
Frequent Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
Sorry to hear this. My experience with Barclays includes a Juno Mastercard with a $1,200 CL and 7.9% fixed Apr. Lack of use a CLD to $500. Told them to close the card and go take a jump. Inactivity I guess.

Well they can go on and do me the same because they're dropping the 5% rewards on gasoline and groceries, so to SD heaven you go.

If a man empties his purse into his head, no one can take it from him. An investment in knowledge always pays the best interest. - Benjamin Franklin |Capital One Quicksilver Cash Rewards|Chase Amazon Visa Rewards|BOA Cash Rewards|Commence MC| Citi Double Cash| Amazon Prime Store Card|Discover It|Chase Freedom|Chase Freedom Unlimited|Amex BCE|Wells Fargo Cash Wise|Barclays Cashforward
$89,500 total card credit FICO Equifax-823, FICO Transunion-774, FICO Experian-769, DTI-20.4%
Message 9 of 62
elim
Senior Contributor

Just looked at my 16' summary and I see I only run about $200/mo through their card. I'll probably be next.

It's in your "statements"

fgyghyuhb.jpg

Message 10 of 62
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.