Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Barclays CLD

tag
MyLoFICO
Valued Contributor

Re: Barclays CLD

I guess add me to the list. I had a 2k limit on an Apple Visa. Logged in one day and they had reduced it to 1400, a mere $130 above my balance. I also have an Arrival with a 0 balance and $500 limit. 

My overall UTI is at 30% so I figured that was why they did it. Who knows. I know I am not playing the guessing game with them. I paid it off last night and now it is headed for the SD to die a 12 month death with the Arrival. I am done with Barclays.

Experian: 677 (28) | TransUnion: 697 (27) | Equifax: 684 (6)
Gardening as of: 1-23-2018
Updated 1-25-18
Message 51 of 62
sjt
Senior Contributor

Call Barclays and asked to be transferred to the Portfolio Department and speak with an Analyst about the CLD. 

American Express: Platinum Charge, Optima, Business Gold, Delta Business Reserve, Business Cash, Business Plus
Barclays: Arrival+ WEMC
Capital One: Savor WEMC, Venture X Visa Infinite
Chase: Freedom U Visa Signature, CSR Visa Infinite
Citibank: AAdvantage Platinum WEMC
Elan/US Bank: Fidelity Visa Signature
Credit Union: Cash Back Visa Signature
FICO 08: Score decrease between 26-41 points after auto payoff (11.01.21) FICO as of 5.23, EX: 812 / EQ: 825 / TU: 815
Message 52 of 62
Anonymous
Not applicable

I credit card decreased Barclays a long time ago.

Message 53 of 62
jeffery581
Established Contributor

They have a mental illness? 

Capital One Quicksilver Visa | Capital One Quicksilver Matercard | Sony Visa | ebay Mastercard | Best Buy Visa| Shell Mastercard | CareCredit | Amazon Rewards Visa | Discover it | Lowes | Home Depot | Chase Freedom | Ebates Visa | TJMAX Platinum MasterCard | Stash Signature Visa | Hilton Amex | Bank of America Cash Rewards Visa | Bank of America Better Balance Rewards Visa | US Bank Cash Rewards | Blue Cash AMEX | IHG Rewards Club World Mastercard | Barclay Cash Foward World Mastercard | Bank of America Travel Rewards Visa | US Bank Cash 365 AMEX | Amex Everyday | Target | CITI Double Cash | WELLS FARGO PROPEL AMEX | Royal Carribean Visa | AARP REWARDS VISA | BEst Western Mastercard
Message 54 of 62
castor4072
Regular Contributor

They pulled the same crap to me, made payments well ABOVE min...effers....paying off balance and closing account.
Message 55 of 62
negg
Frequent Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
Checked my account right now. Open 6 mo, SL $2k. Now it is $500.

Guess they didn't like my Amex, Chase, and US Bank card approvals.

I wrote them and told them to reconsider or close my account. Ridiculous. I have a FICO of over 125 higher than it was at approval. I have always PIF. I have no negatives. I never use the card so maybe that's it. Not even that upset because as I said I don't use it. But it is the principle that pisses me off. Way to reward your customers for improving their credit and establishing good history with your company.

No thanks.

So according to your theory. Barclays should have closed my account long ago. Guess they didn't mind the......Amex. Chase unlimited, Chase Marriott, CSR, Citi double cash and Hawaiian airlines card I've received since I opened my apple card.  

CSR.........11,900.......Delta Amex $11,200.........Marriott Rewards Premier $8000.......Discover IT $9700......Citi Preferred $8600.......Chase Freedom $10,800.....Barclay(apple) $11,600......BofA $1500.......Capital One $7400......FNO $9800......Barclay(Hawaiian airlines)$11,000......Citi Costco $15,000. June 1st 2013 0 credit cards and 575 fico. Today 117K in credit and 812 fico and ZERO INQUIRIES......ZERO. 2018 goal. 825 fico.
Message 56 of 62
Anonymous
Not applicable

I hope it doesn't happen to you and you have continued success with them.
Message 57 of 62
Anonymous
Not applicable

When I found out that Barclay's has a habit of doing surprise CLD's I decided to just run my Netlfix on it, set up auto PIF and never touch it. So I'm technically still using it, but if they do a surprise CLD and bring me down from 7.5k to $100, I'd still be <10% util. I was going to make my CashForward the card I pay utilities with, but I don't want to risk having my util skyrocket. 

They just did an HP on me less than a month ago (I think CreditKarma alerted me that an HP was made and then removed by Barclay), and I was like, welp, they're probably gonna CLD me. Not yet. Maybe next round. Whatevs. lol The only downside to them closing my account is that I'd have to go and set a new card up for Netflix. I have enough padding for my util that losing their 7.5k won't bug me.

Message 58 of 62
JustcallmeTM
Regular Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
Checked my account right now. Open 6 mo, SL $2k. Now it is $500.

Guess they didn't like my Amex, Chase, and US Bank card approvals.

I wrote them and told them to reconsider or close my account. Ridiculous. I have a FICO of over 125 higher than it was at approval. I have always PIF. I have no negatives. I never use the card so maybe that's it. Not even that upset because as I said I don't use it. But it is the principle that pisses me off. Way to reward your customers for improving their credit and establishing good history with your company.

No thanks.

The main reason is the one in bold, in another post someone put up the article on Barclays cutting off 7000 customers because they arent profitable, in short anyone who has a SD Barclays card and never use it heavy could be next. Barclays is not in the game to give away free bonus points for people to SD there card and pad up there UTI. So if your are using Barclays for those purposes might as well cut them off before they cut you off. Barclays isnt the only bank that is starting to do this either, reports are other banks are going to do the same.

People need to come to the understanding that the banks are in business to make money and if your not using there cards then cut it off and if your using it for UTI padding then your on your own doing that. 

Barclays, Capital One, Synchrony, Comenity these companies makes money from well people rebuilding credit or people who leave balances. They dont care for those who PIF since they cant make money on that but the swipes and the swipe added up still doesnt make the person profitable to the bank. These banks hate when you pay minimum but they also don't like when you PIF and cant make money off the interest. They are the same way with balance transfers they don't like it when you can pay it off in the time given and actually doing it, but thats the algorithm for you. If your a PIF person and thats your MO then I would even look at your profile funny if your using multiple BT offers when your profile dictates your patterns of PIF. So I would assume a person hit a massive money shortage. IF ones goal is to not pay interest and always PIF, then I hope those people swipe like maniacs to satify the banks, if not how are these banks making money off those specific people ? There is more money to be made by banks via interest than someone who swipes alot.

Predictable patterns, believe it or not that what profiles come down to, and from being on here so long I started learning people's patterns from the last 2+ years which makes alot of people here predictable to the human eye which makes you more vulnerable to the aglorithm.

Message 59 of 62
ashjt2011
Regular Contributor

Have 3 cards with Barclay. An Arrival+, Rewards Mastercard and Apple card.

Arrival + had a 2750 limit, Rewards had 2550 and Apple had 2k. Got them all when I was in my early rebuilding stages. Never really have gotten a CLI with them, even though some of my other cards have grown to 5k, 7k, 10k+  But whatever, didn't bother me to much. I used my Arrival+ and rewards Mastercard for some christmas shopping. Put about 1000 on each. For the past couple years of having these I have NEVER made a minimum pay. If my minimum is 50 for example - I pay 200+ as the payment for that month, its never been a minimum payment.

I bought my iMac for school on the Apple card about a year ago and have paid way over the minimum to get it paid down to 350 after just a year, from 1900. But why pay it off when I am getting 0%?

Immediately paid 1500 once January came around and I got my beginning year bonus. Only to find they CLD all 3 cards. Apple card CLD to 1k, Arrival to 1800 and Rewards to 2100. Like...really? I realized I had christmas expenses but within a month paid off a majority of it, and I have been using my Apple card wisely, not making any additional purchases so I dont mess up my deferred financing and have to pay a ton of interest charges.

I am over Barclay. No CLI - ehh not the end of the world, but to decrease my limits, espeically after showing you guys nothing but good behavior - not okay.

Message 60 of 62
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.