Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Barclays--CLI and AA questions

tag
compassion101
Established Contributor

Barclays--CLI and AA questions

Have new Barclays Rewards card. 5k limit, transferred 3.5k for 0% APR for 15 months

I read alot about CLI after 6 months. What are they looking for?

I have also remember reading about AA/closings after 12 months. Are they sensitive specifically about inquiries (like HP for CLI, cell phone, rental apt, etc) or is it new accounts started? I don't anticipate new accounts in the next year but will need to rent a new place, get a new cell phone contract, maybe take a HP on CLI from Chase, things l;ike that. Anything else I can do to better m chances of a good relationship with them?

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
bichonmom
Senior Contributor

Re: Barclays--CLI and AA questions

@compassion101 wrote:

Have new Barclays Rewards card. 5k limit, transferred 3.5k for 0% APR for 15 months

I have also remember reading about AA/closings after 12 months. Are they sensitive specifically about inquiries (like HP for CLI, cell phone, rental apt, etc) or is it new accounts started? I don't anticipate new accounts in the next year but will need to rent a new place, get a new cell phone contract, maybe take a HP on CLI from Chase, things l;ike that. Anything else I can do to better m chances of a good relationship with them?

I don't believe there is any specific timeframe when they might  aa or CLD. In general, the first 6 mos after you get the card is the most sensitive time with them. I don't think the HPs you mentioned would bother them. They're mostly concerned with people getting a lot if new credit. 

Ive gotten a couple of new cards within a month or two of getting Bsrclays and didn't have a problem, but I made sure to keep my reported util really low. 

Mostly, I've made sure the payments are scheduled to be paid a day or two before theyre due, and also be careful not to mess up when the due date is a weekend. They do soft, so be sure your credit is in good shape with other accts, too. I've been very happy with them so far. I opened Apple in November and did a HP CLI last month, since I didn't get an auto CLI. It went fine, and I went from $2200 to $10k. But then my credit has improved a lot since Nov, too.

I think they tendtoget a bad wrap because of a few negstive experiences people have had and posted. Just watch any new  credit for a while and you should be fine.

Misspelling and spacing issues compliments ofautocorrect & iPad! 
EQ FICO 750 | TU FICO 761 (Walmart) | EX FAKO 767 | Goal: 800+

Edits, funky spacing and spelling due to my iPad not getting along with the forum editor!

Message 2 of 4
Crashem
Valued Contributor

They do seem more sensitive than most issuers to new accounts soon after getting their cards.  However I do think theY do a lot of 0% offers and people tend to max out those limits and then going for new credit makes them nervous.

LIMITS IN CARD DESCRIPTIONS
Message 3 of 4
LS2982
Mega Contributor

@compassion101 wrote:

Don't worry too much about that. I opened 4 new accounts and my 6th statement got a CLI. They are concerned about how you treat their card (payment history/usage). Use it alot and pay alot on it and they'll take care of you!

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.