Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Barclays CLI

tag
clocktick
Valued Contributor

Barclays CLI

I requested a CLI on my LL Bean (Barclays) that I've had since November 2010.  They had the option right on the main page and I requested $3300, from my original $6300, and they immediately accepted it to make my limit $9600 (I was going for an even $10k thinking my original was $6700 = oops)!  It made me happy but I have yet to see if it was a hard or soft pull.  Anyone know offhand?

Question - before I submitted the request it asked if I was planning on transferring a balance from another card.  I checked no, but am wondering if they tend to grant more or less if someone's planning on doing so?

Thanks!

11/30/08 TU 648 EX 672 EQ 656 SEPT 2014 TU 787 EX 789 EQ ???
Amex BCP $24.1K/Clear $8.5- Sallie Mae $27.5 -Cap One QS $7.5 - Chase Freedom $7.5/United $5k/CSP $20k/Ink- Citi DP $9.5/Dividend $13k/HHHx2 $15k/16.4/Reserve $4.5k Best Buy $1940 HD $1701- Discover IT $15k - Elan $8k GEMB Lowes $20k - Macy's $2k - Kohl's $800

Starting Score: 648
Current Score: 736
Goal Score: 765

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

Message 1 of 54
53 REPLIES 53
tsquad131
Frequent Contributor

Re: Barclays CLI

i think recent posts from other users for their barclay cards stated that they hard pull for CLI

amazon
Message 2 of 54
Anonymous
Not applicable

Did you make the request online from your account?  I noticed this option has appeared under Account Services the past few days.  I have 2 Barclays accounts, a Visa and Amex, and was thinking of doing the request CLI on both.    I guess if' it's a hard pull, i would go for more to make it worth the pull.

Congrats on your increase

Message 3 of 54
minimock
Frequent Contributor

I was just about to post about this......my Barclays Us Airways card just grew a luv button also. 6 month account. I was debating to pull the trigger or not because I have two new accounts since then...

But it clearly states you authorize a credit check. docent say soft or hard.
Message 4 of 54
tntexans72
Valued Contributor

Congrats !!

I'll be looking forward to the Luv button in 6 months too!!

Message 5 of 54
clocktick
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Did you make the request online from your account? 

Thank you, and yes I did request it online from my account.

11/30/08 TU 648 EX 672 EQ 656 SEPT 2014 TU 787 EX 789 EQ ???
Amex BCP $24.1K/Clear $8.5- Sallie Mae $27.5 -Cap One QS $7.5 - Chase Freedom $7.5/United $5k/CSP $20k/Ink- Citi DP $9.5/Dividend $13k/HHHx2 $15k/16.4/Reserve $4.5k Best Buy $1940 HD $1701- Discover IT $15k - Elan $8k GEMB Lowes $20k - Macy's $2k - Kohl's $800

Starting Score: 648
Current Score: 736
Goal Score: 765

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

Message 6 of 54
minimock
Frequent Contributor

Im dying to pull the trigger.......but Im still thinking, hogs get slaughtered, pigs get fatter LOL
Message 7 of 54
minimock
Frequent Contributor

Well.......the temptation was too great, im so weak LOL, got the ole we can not CLI on line at this time, will notify you in 48 hours LOL
Message 8 of 54
OnWayUpinTexas
Regular Contributor

Same luv button option on my Apple Financing account (Barclaycard) -- went for it ...

• Was at $1500 CL.  0 balance for a couple of months.
  • Asked to double CL to $3000.
  • Got new CL of $2700.  (I'll take it!)
  • Hard pull on TU (I checked my Amex CreditSecure report right after getting the CL increase).  I had only one other credit card inquiry (hard) showing on my TU since my initial Barclay's inquiry 7 mos. ago.

Smiley Very Happy

Starting Score: 542 (in 2006)
Current Score: 661 (TU FICO), 677 (EQ FICO), 672 (EX FICO)
Goal Score: 750+
Message 9 of 54
minimock
Frequent Contributor

Good for you.....congrats.

I on the other hand probably took a hard pull, and will be lucky if they don't close my account LOL.

They will probably look at it and go, he has two brand new shiny signature cards, he doesnt need our little world master card .....oh well, at least I went for broke....asked for $4000 off a $1000 CL.

Ill let you know in 48 hours, but I got a BAD feeling lol
Message 10 of 54
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.