Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Barclays Card Help

tag
lord_kinbote
Established Contributor

Re: Barclays Card Help

@Anonymous wrote:

I just put in my husband's application online and it says it couldn't give me a decision and it had to be reviewed.....will hear back in 10 days. Errrr.....does that mean it's being denied?

Have your husband call Barclay and recon.  Barclay can be a bit finicky about the Sallie Mae card.

Message 11 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

@akula wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

I just put in my husband's application online and it says it couldn't give me a decision and it had to be reviewed.....will hear back in 10 days. Errrr.....does that mean it's being denied?

Have your husband call Barclay and recon.  Barclay can be a bit finicky about the Sallie Mae card.

Thanks! Should I have him call when he received the actual letter of decision or have him call tomorrow kind of thing?

Message 12 of 17
lord_kinbote
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@akula wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Thanks! Should I have him call when he received the actual letter of decision or have him call tomorrow kind of thing?

No, have him call NOW.

Message 13 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

@akula wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@akula wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

No, have him call NOW.

Thanks. Will let him know to do it asap. He's just got on a flight. Ugh. Such bad timing!

Message 14 of 17
lord_kinbote
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@akula wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@akula wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

No, have him call NOW.

Thanks. Will let him know to do it asap. He's just got on a flight. Ugh. Such bad timing!

It is hard to say why you received the message, but it could be something as simple as a security question that was inputted incorrectly.  If not, have your husband determine why there was a denial and ask for reconsideration.  When doing so, you may ask to speak with an underwriter.  Try to explain any reasons for denial.  Where did you obtain your credit scores from?  I believe you listed scores in the mid 700 range.  With those said scores, I can not imagine why you were not approved for any Barclay card.

Message 15 of 17
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

When he does call make sure he call this #, not the normal Customer Service Phone number, he might have to call in the morning depending when he lands

Barclays: 866-408-4064 (Credit Analyst)

Message 16 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

@CreditCuriousity wrote:

When he does call make sure he call this #, not the normal Customer Service Phone number, he might have to call in the morning depending when he lands

Barclays: 866-408-4064 (Credit Analyst)

Thank you so much for this number!!

Message 17 of 17
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.