Did you mean: 

Barclays Credit Card

tag
Gunnar419
Valued Contributor

Re: Barclays Credit Card

@surfnspy wrote:
TU for approval then EX.

+1. The pulled TU when I apped. I quickly reconned the CL (denied) and the denial letter had an Experian CS on it.

I have the Barclay Sallie Mae Master Card. I don't know whether it's easier or harder to get than other Barclay cards, but it's a fantastic everyday gas, groceries, and Amazon card -- 5% cashback on all of the above provided you don't exceed limits.

Message 11 of 18
gstq34
Contributor

They gave my 5k on Apple (up from $2500 in a month so I could do bal xfer special offer they mailed me) then declined me for NFL.  I was a little PO'd.

I will pay them off on the Apple promo, then close them out.  The backdoor # guy was a P*ick!  And not just because he declined the NFL, but because he really was!

Starting Score: 573
Current Score: 764 EX (FAKO)
Goal Score: 760 all 3

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 12 of 18
Shogun
Moderator Emeritus

I have the NFL card but don't use it much.  Got it while rebuilding and use it occassionally to keep open.

Starting Score: 504
July 2013 score:
EQ FICO 819, TU08 778, EX "806 lender pull 07/26/2013
Goal Score: All Scores 760+, Newest goal 800+
Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Current scores after adding $81K in CLs and 2 new cars since July 2013
EQ:809 TU 777 EX 790 Now it's just garden time!

June 2017 update: All scores over 820, just pure gardening now.
Message 13 of 18
iMarcus
Contributor

@dodfire wrote:

@Quantarra wrote:
Unsure my TU is 642 which is best???

Try this:

https://www.barclaycardus.com/apply/ProactivePrescreenLanding.action

I put in my info and it said based on my info this card might interest you.. They recommended the rewards mastercard does this mean im pre approved? my tu is a 615..

Message 14 of 18
dodfire
Valued Contributor

@iMarcus wrote:

@dodfire wrote:

@Quantarra wrote:
Unsure my TU is 642 which is best???

Try this:

https://www.barclaycardus.com/apply/ProactivePrescreenLanding.action

I put in my info and it said based on my info this card might interest you.. They recommended the rewards mastercard does this mean im pre approved? my tu is a 615..

From what we have seen in recent use of the website a recommended card is NOT a pre approval. 

*8/10/13
Message 15 of 18
iMarcus
Contributor

ok thanks I want to apply for walmart since I know they check tu but I dont know if i should wait until afni deletes to see if I get a boost.. I applied in may for walmart and was declined but my score was a 495 at that time... 

Message 16 of 18
dodfire
Valued Contributor

@iMarcus wrote:

ok thanks I want to apply for walmart since I know they check tu but I dont know if i should wait until afni deletes to see if I get a boost.. I applied in may for walmart and was declined but my score was a 495 at that time... 

If you are waiting for something to update on your CR then by all means WAIT!!

When you apply for any card you want your chance of approval to be the highest.

Why risk a HP on your credit, a denial, and later kick yourself for not holding out an extra few days, weeks or month?

Just my opinion.

*8/10/13
Message 17 of 18
iMarcus
Contributor

thanks yeah I will go ahead and wait!!

Message 18 of 18
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.