Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Barclays Dropped 5K off my CL

tag
Nomad3
Frequent Contributor

Re: Barclays Dropped 5K off my CL

So you did call them? Glad it got restored!

Message 11 of 16
AllZero
Mega Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

I woke up this morning to pay more of my balance off and to my surprise my limit went back up to what it was. I said "WTH". I dont know if that was an error? It was lowered for one week. I'm not calling them back just going to leave like that. Thanks FICO team.

Glad to read it fixed itself. Hope it sticks!

Message 12 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

No i never called them 

Message 13 of 16
SouthJamaica
Mega Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

I woke up this morning to pay more of my balance off and to my surprise my limit went back up to what it was. I said "WTH". I dont know if that was an error? It was lowered for one week. I'm not calling them back just going to leave like that. Thanks FICO team.

Glad to hear it. All's well that ends well.

Barclays can be nasty.

Total revolving limits 741200 (620700 reporting) FICO 8: EQ 703 TU 704 EX 687

Message 14 of 16
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:

This is a known glitch with barclays if you check your balance at night for some people etc during maintenance or whatever they are doing...  

Message 15 of 16
Tbklecka

During times of economic crisis creditors are known for cutting limits on cards for revolving balance customers if you have a sudden pattern change.... so for people like you who typically paid it off in full and then you suddenly don't, they get worried and cut the limit down to keep you from adding more debt during the financial crisis and then stiffing them in the long run.  Not that YOU would do that but thats the logic behind it.

Message 16 of 16
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.