Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Barclays EO for APR reduction?

tag
JSS3
Valued Contributor

Re: Barclays EO for APR reduction?

The lowest APR for this card is 13.99%. As far as I know, there is no 0 promo.
Message 11 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

They won't do it for a new card. That's what they told me when I recently called.

Message 12 of 22
longtime_lurker
Valued Contributor

@FinStar wrote:

@Kostya1992 wrote:

@Kenny wrote:
Why not try with frontline CSR or underwriter first? I know people have had success before just calling and asking for lower APR.

Tried, they said nothing they can do Smiley Sad

Just FYI - the EO typically will back the original UW decision with the approval and will not lower the APR.  The best option is for the card to be used and establish some history, then determine later whether it would be elegible for a review to lower the APR (all based on creditworthiness and internal history).

My credit score is higher (only like 15, from 740ish to 758), I PIF and the u/w dept recognized that out on their SM, and I'm still at 24.99% Smiley Tongue haha.

Very confusing. It'll be interesting if they change the rhetoric for me at the 1 year mark. 

Current cards: MSUFCU Platinum, Amex PRG, Amex Surpass, Amex BCE, Citi Prestige, Citi Double Cash, Citi Premier, US Bank Cash +, Huntington Voice, AAviator, Sallie Mae, Discover IT, Chase Freedom TU:753 EQ Enhanced: 758
Message 13 of 22
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@longtime_lurker wrote:

@FinStar wrote:

@Kostya1992 wrote:

@Kenny wrote:
Why not try with frontline CSR or underwriter first? I know people have had success before just calling and asking for lower APR.

Just FYI - the EO typically will back the original UW decision with the approval and will not lower the APR.  The best option is for the card to be used and establish some history, then determine later whether it would be elegible for a review to lower the APR (all based on creditworthiness and internal history).

My credit score is higher (only like 15, from 740ish to 758), I PIF and the u/w dept recognized that out on their SM, and I'm still at 24.99% Smiley Tongue haha.

Very confusing. It'll be interesting if they change the rhetoric for me at the 1 year mark. 

Well, with Barclays, if one falls into a specific risk "bucket" based on their review or assessment of your overall credit profile (plus income and other criteria), then that's how some APRs will be assigned.  It's all about risk-based pricing.  If one has too many inquiries, new accounts, balances that seem high in proportion to overall lines, etc., then one would not expect to get approved with the best terms Smiley Tongue

Message 14 of 22
longtime_lurker
Valued Contributor

@FinStar wrote:

@longtime_lurker wrote:

@FinStar wrote:

@Kostya1992 wrote:

@Kenny wrote:

Well, with Barclays, if one falls into a specific risk "bucket" based on their review or assessment of your overall credit profile (plus income and other criteria), then that's how some APRs will be assigned.  It's all about risk-based pricing.  If one has too many inquiries, new accounts, balances that seem high in proportion to overall lines, etc., then one would not expect to get approved with the best terms Smiley Tongue

It's just odd to me that I'm tier 1 on SM and lowest tier on Aviator Smiley Tongue. Like, nah much safer spending about 3x more of a CL than he has on Aviator...

I did add 2 AMEXs that were backdated to 1/13 and my Cash + since getting SM, so I can understand that reasoning. I know that my backdating is easily seen by an underwriter Smiley Tongue

Current cards: MSUFCU Platinum, Amex PRG, Amex Surpass, Amex BCE, Citi Prestige, Citi Double Cash, Citi Premier, US Bank Cash +, Huntington Voice, AAviator, Sallie Mae, Discover IT, Chase Freedom TU:753 EQ Enhanced: 758
Message 15 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

@longtime_lurker wrote:

@FinStar wrote:

@longtime_lurker wrote:

@FinStar wrote:

@Kostya1992 wrote:

@Kenny wrote:

It's just odd to me that I'm tier 1 on SM and lowest tier on Aviator Smiley Tongue. Like, nah much safer spending about 3x more of a CL than he has on Aviator...

I did add 2 AMEXs that were backdated to 1/13 and my Cash + since getting SM, so I can understand that reasoning. I know that my backdating is easily seen by an underwriter Smiley Tongue

I'm calling in the morning as well to try for lower APR on my AA card as well as SP CLI.  Im at 24.99 on that card and 13.99 on SM.

Message 16 of 22
longtime_lurker
Valued Contributor

Irish80 wrote:

longtime_lurker wrote:

FinStar wrote:

I'm calling in the morning as well to try for lower APR on my AA card as well as SP CLI.  Im at 24.99 on that card and 13.99 on SM.

Well good luck! I think it's weird that U/W isn't who does APR reductions. I set my CA limit to 1 through U/W today, and he had to transfer me to another department. If I'm not mistaken, you get transferred to rentention - which doesn't make any sense to me. One would think, in my head anyways, that U/W is determining risk so U/W should determine APR reductions. 

Message 17 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

@longtime_lurker wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@longtime_lurker wrote:

@FinStar wrote:

Well good luck! I think it's weird that U/W isn't who does APR reductions. I set my CA limit to 1 through U/W today, and he had to transfer me to another department. If I'm not mistaken, you get transferred to rentention - which doesn't make any sense to me. One would think, in my head anyways, that U/W is determining risk so U/W should determine APR reductions. 

I agree strange.  I'm also calling to set my limit to on cash back.  Did you fund Citi with it?

Message 18 of 22
longtime_lurker
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@longtime_lurker wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@longtime_lurker wrote:

@FinStar wrote:

I agree strange.  I'm also calling to set my limit to on cash back.  Did you fund Citi with it?

Yes I did! Smiley Wink I did 2000/2500, I figured I wouldn't max the individual card.

How much did you fax in for on the auth? 

Message 19 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

@longtime_lurker wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@longtime_lurker wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@longtime_lurker wrote:

@FinStar wrote:

Yes I did! Smiley Wink I did 2000/2500, I figured I wouldn't max the individual card.

How much did you fax in for on the auth? 

I haven't done anything yet.  Doing all that tomorrow and haven't decided on amount yet.  Not going to go crazy though

Message 20 of 22
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.