cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Barclays - I could not be more mad...

tag
Andy77
Valued Contributor

Re: Barclays - I could not be more mad...

Well, I see it like this, my balance was 3500, I was going to send them 1800 over a 3 day span.  900 payment on 9/27, 900 on 9/29, and 900 on 10/10, and 900 every two weeks,  so, I am paying the card.  

Also, my total spending on the card since Nov 2011 when opened is 11,420.00 so they are making money on me.

If they hold the payment, that is just 5 more days I cannot use the card.  

I was told they are holding the payment because its a larger amount.

My statement cut on 9/4/12 my bal was 1700, I paid that to 0.00

From 9/4 to today I have used the card and paid, 2596.00 and my CL is 3500

I think I am doing well.

Message 21 of 37
bostonte
Frequent Contributor

That doesn't even make sense. You're unhappy with how they're handling your account and find your current $3700 limit too low, so you're going to pay $6,300 for a $1,500 card?

What a waste of money.

If you're so flush with cash to be able to throw $6,300 away, open a secured card for $6,300 and avoid the problem while still keeping your money.

Message 22 of 37
Andy77
Valued Contributor

It was not my fault I filed my BK case, father had cancer and had to take care of him and had to take time off work.  

I mentioned paying back the 6300 because I thought it was morally the correct thing to do.  

It is a good gesture. I know I don't have to do it, but if I want to build a relaitonship with this bank, I thought this would be a good way to start as they see this old account as a 6300 liability.

Message 23 of 37
compassion101
Established Contributor

Seems odd. I would just keep calling till you get a sympathetic ear.

Also, agree with poster above, why pay them $6300 you don't have to in order to get approved for a card? Unless you feel a moral obligation, that is different. If not, then there are alot better
things you could invest your 6300 into.

Message 24 of 37
compassion101
Established Contributor

Unless they are planning to balance-chase you. That's always possible.

Message 25 of 37
Andy77
Valued Contributor

They won't give me a card because of the 6300 liability that is why I want to pay it off.

and now that I have the cash it's morally correct to pay them because they gave me a chance, again and gave me another card and gave me a good CL.

Message 26 of 37
Andy77
Valued Contributor

What does balance chase mean?  

Message 27 of 37
ryanbush
Valued Contributor

if you have 6.3K available to you right now why are you worried about them holding your payment? just use cash or debit to live off of until your credit comes available... after a little while longer they will start to trust you more

Chase Sapphire Perferred | Chase Freedom | AMEX Platinum | AMEX Delta Platinum | AMEX SPG | Capital One Venture | Capital One Quicksliver | Discover IT | ABFCU Visa | Citi AA WEMC
Message 28 of 37
ryanbush
Valued Contributor

@Andy77 wrote:

What does balance chase mean?  

it means they are going to lower your limit to match your current balance once the payment clears

Chase Sapphire Perferred | Chase Freedom | AMEX Platinum | AMEX Delta Platinum | AMEX SPG | Capital One Venture | Capital One Quicksliver | Discover IT | ABFCU Visa | Citi AA WEMC
Message 29 of 37
KIPPIE12
Established Contributor

When i first got my card with Barclays back in 2009, they placed my payment on hold. I called up and screamed  at the supervisor about it.  Was told that they can do it anytime they like, dollar amount of the payment outside of normal charging patterns, etc.  It would more than likely happen within the first 6 months of cardmembership until they see what my payment patterns were.  I didn't have need of the available credit, as i had plenty on there.  But, it's not uncommon for ANY bank to do this, and may be included in your cardholder agreement in the payment section of it.   Is your account a relatively new one?

Current Score: EQ: 828, EX: 833, TU: 820 Citi TY Premier WEMC 46.5, (Since 1983)Discover 15.6k|BOA WMC 30.5k|Barclays Juniper Rewards 15k|Barclays Amex 20k| Cap One QS WMC 15K|Chase Freedom VS 19.3k|Citi Dividend WEMC 25k|FNBO 15.5k|CSP 22.1K|Chase Marriott 31.3k|Citi TYP 20K|Citi DP 16.5k|Macys 5k|Sams MasterCard 15k|Barclay Arrival Plus WEMC 18.7k|Chase IHG WMC 26k|Citi Double Cash 10k|Chase MileagePlus Explorer 14k|Amex Everyday 16.2|BBVA Amex 22.5k|Total Rewards VS 12.5k|SGV 10K|Venture 12k|BOA Virgin Atlantic WEMC 11.2K|MB Amex 9.5k
Message 30 of 37
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.