cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Barclays Jet Blue Plus - missed payment cut off by 3 hours!

Auto Loans for ANY Credit Situation. Immediate Response.
Advertiser disclosure
Highlighted
New Visitor

Barclays Jet Blue Plus - missed payment cut off by 3 hours!

So I screwed up and missed the payment cut off by 3 hours. Never been late and never paid interest on balances since I pay my balances in full. Now I did this. I believe I will have to pay interest off $2,000 and a late fee. Does Barclays ever forgive one time mistakes? Waive the late fee and paying the $500 interest? That’s a huge blow for being 3 hours late. I’m very pissed at myself and I hope they can do something.
16 REPLIES 16
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Re: Barclays Jet Blue Plus - missed payment cut off by 3 hours!

So sorry abou this. What a bummer. Just give them a call and plead your case? Even though you were 3 hrs late, did you still make the payment?
GOALS: Garden til APR 2020 and 800 Club


SEP 2019: EX 791, TU 797, EQ 800
JUN 2019: EX 788, TU 794, EQ 779
DEC 2018: EX 777, TU 783, EQ 799

|| AmX Cash Magnet $25K || NFCU CashRewards $20K || Macy's $20K || Discover IT $18.7K || NFCU CLOC $15K || NFCU Platinum $12.5K || AmX ED $11.5K || CitiCostco $7K || CitiDC $6.3K ||
Message 2 of 17
New Visitor

Re: Barclays Jet Blue Plus - missed payment cut off by 3 hours!

Yeah I made my balance payment and then some. It wasn’t a matter of can’t paying it was a total screw up on my end for not getting it in before 7PM. I’m praying all my might I don’t get charged interest and the late fee. We will see I guess.
Message 3 of 17
Regular Contributor

Re: Barclays Jet Blue Plus - missed payment cut off by 3 hours!

Not sure if this is an interest misconception, but unless this was a 0% deal for a year or something (doesn't sound like it), and you had 25% APY interest, you won't owe 25% after one month. You'll owe 25%/12months = 2.08% on the $2000 balance, which would still be $56, but it's not the $500 you are fearing. Not great, but just incase that's what you were thinking, take that worry off your mind Smiley Wink

So maybe worst case, it's $35 late fee + $56 interest = $91 mistake if you can't get them to waive one or the other.



Age 21
Current Score: EQ 802 (2 Inq) | TU 790 (6 Inq) | EX 807 (7 Inq)
Message 4 of 17
Moderator

Re: Barclays Jet Blue Plus - missed payment cut off by 3 hours!

Unless the balance was carried from the previous statement it wouldn't even be that much interest since it's calculated daily.  If not paid in full, then new charges would lose their grace period so anything charged suring this statement would accrue interest immediately.  I agree; just give them a call and see if they'll waive it since you did make a payment on the due date but missed the cutoff window for it to be applied on the due date.


Message 5 of 17
Senior Contributor

Re: Barclays Jet Blue Plus - missed payment cut off by 3 hours!


@Friedman007 wrote:
So I screwed up and missed the payment cut off by 3 hours. Never been late and never paid interest on balances since I pay my balances in full. Now I did this. I believe I will have to pay interest off $2,000 and a late fee. Does Barclays ever forgive one time mistakes? Waive the late fee and paying the $500 interest? That’s a huge blow for being 3 hours late. I’m very pissed at myself and I hope they can do something.

 

Setting up Automatic Payment of the Minimum Amount Due should be the one of the first things done with a credit card account.  Hope you get this issue straightened out in your favor.





Message 6 of 17
Valued Contributor

Re: Barclays Jet Blue Plus - missed payment cut off by 3 hours!


@MaizeandBlue

Setting up Automatic Payment of the Minimum Amount Due should be the one of the first things done with a credit card account.  Hope you get this issue straightened out in your favor.


+1. I have done this on all my cards, just so that in the case I do catch amnesia and miss a payment, I know it's covered by auto-pay. I recommend everyone to do this just in case. Now, I know some people won't because they have their methods and PIF, but not everyone can be diligent.



Scores - All bureaus 750 +/-
TCL - Est. $275K
Message 7 of 17
Senior Contributor

Re: Barclays Jet Blue Plus - missed payment cut off by 3 hours!


@xaximus wrote:

+1. I have done this on all my cards, just so that in the case I do catch amnesia and miss a payment, I know it's covered by auto-pay. I recommend everyone to do this just in case. Now, I know some people won't because they have their methods and PIF, but not everyone can be diligent.


 

I usually pay in full but I like the insurance automatic payment of minimum due provides.  Of all my cards, only Bank of America will withdraw the minimum even after payment is made so I just go in to that account and manually cancel the auto-payment for that month.  I don't have any Barclays cards but I understand they do the same thing.

 

In fact I use a "belt and suspenders" approach.  In addition to automatic payment I keep a spreadsheet where the Payment Due dates are conditionally formatted to turn a bright red color for the 7 days preceding the due date.  Since I look at that spreadsheet regularly I'm not likely to ever forget but I still use automatic payments as a backstop.





Message 8 of 17
Mega Contributor

Re: Barclays Jet Blue Plus - missed payment cut off by 3 hours!


@MaizeandBlue wrote:

@xaximus wrote:

+1. I have done this on all my cards, just so that in the case I do catch amnesia and miss a payment, I know it's covered by auto-pay. I recommend everyone to do this just in case. Now, I know some people won't because they have their methods and PIF, but not everyone can be diligent.


 

I usually pay in full but I like the insurance automatic payment of minimum due provides.  Of all my cards, only Bank of America will withdraw the minimum even after payment is made so I just go in to that account and manually cancel the auto-payment for that month.  I don't have any Barclays cards but I understand they do the same thing.

 

In fact I use a "belt and suspenders" approach.  In addition to automatic payment I keep a spreadsheet where the Payment Due dates are conditionally formatted to turn a bright red color for the 7 days preceding the due date.  Since I look at that spreadsheet regularly I'm not likely to ever forget but I still use automatic payments as a backstop.


If people are serious about PIF (as many claim), to me it makes much more sense to set up auto pay for the full payment on due date.   This not only avoids a possible late fee issue (as minimum auto pay does) but also avoids interest and loss of grace period.    Yes, you lose AZEO/util micromanagement if you do it on all cards, but IMO you shouldn't micromanage anyway!

Message 9 of 17
Valued Contributor

Re: Barclays Jet Blue Plus - missed payment cut off by 3 hours!


@MaizeandBlue

I usually pay in full but I like the insurance automatic payment of minimum due provides.  Of all my cards, only Bank of America will withdraw the minimum even after payment is made so I just go in to that account and manually cancel the auto-payment for that month. 


I have the same issue with BOA - even after I do a PIF - they still do an payment after, I have forgotten that a few times and end up with a negative balance. **bleep** BOA - always wondered why they haven't instituted a better auto-pay system.



Scores - All bureaus 750 +/-
TCL - Est. $275K
Message 10 of 17
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.